Road Force balanced and still vibrate

Well...I agree. So here is the embarrassing part. I bought the tires at Walmart and had my tire shop install them. MY mistake. I should have spent the extra 200.00 and bought tires there.
Anyway....took car back to Walmart...the shop manager has agreed...reluctantly to replace that tire. So we will see what happens
Years ago I was stationed in San Diego. I was being transferred to DC and needed new tires for my '85 BMW 325e. Went to 4 Day Tire and had the shop put Pirelli P600 tires on the car. Had issues with balance and rumbling. Horrible in the wet. Replaced them with Yoko AVS U+4s. They transformed the car's handling and ride. I buy my tires from Tire Rack and nowhere else.

Can you tell us which model of Goodyear tire that you purchased at Walmart that was defective? They carry many models including the low-end Reliants, truck & SUV Wranglers, Eagles and Assurance lines.

Can you tell us which model of Goodyear tire that you purchased at Walmart that was defective? They carry many models including the low-end Reliants, truck & SUV Wranglers, Eagles and Assurance lines.
Goodyear Integrity. Or as I prefer to call them now...Goodyear Crookedness. And it could just be they don't like my car. Its a 2010 Lucerne with 60k on the odometer and when I say it doesn't have a lic of rust, I mean it. It requires a more mid level to upper end tire to do it any justice.

Attachments

• 20220604_111905.jpg
    20220604_111905.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 17
I get being over them but unless the person using the road force balancer really put their all into it and that was the best they could do I bet a skilled operator using the machines capabilities could have gotten all but the 30 (and perhaps even that one) well under 15.

Sadly it seems most shops consider a simple balance on a machine that says “road force” a road force balance.

I guess I’m going to have to buy one of these things since I’ve moved away from my trusted installer…

Ok...I have the printouts after the third road force test.. 3 tires are trash. Only the driver side front met speck at 12 and the range is 0-15. The three others were as follows...22,23 and one at 32. That suuuuucks. I got a set of walmart goodyears. So here is my question. Go with a set of 847.00 out the door Bridgstones and my local shop guarantees me I will have zero vibration...stack the 4 ****ty tires in my garage and go to war with Goodyear or sell them on market place for 50.00 per tire and recoup a little.?? Or. Run these into the ground? The problem is..I know opinions will very...but if.you have a pristine car...do you want to feel that vibration between 54 and 65? For another 50 thousand miles? I did ask If they would throw in a free road force balanced if I buy the Bridgestoned since I feel they really should refund me. And after you read this and you are scratching your head...then you are probably have so.e of the same thoughts I am, but I will save it. This post is too long.
Dang, that’s just awful. I’ve been in that boat before. One set of Firestone Wilderness HT where 3 of 4 were bad. Firestone put 4 all new on. The new set was fine. Same thing with a set of General Altimax RT43. 3 of 4 were bad. The KIA dealership replaced with Cooper CS3.

Yep...washing my hands of it. I'll never step foot into a place that doesn't deal solely with tites. Well never by a tire from a store where you can also by feminine goods.

Alas, I have those POS Goodyears off my car...Bridgtsones on and rides like the day it did before I had Goodyears installed. All 4 tires balanced out fine on the road force balancer at 3, 11, 12 and 13. Limit is 15. Took it up on the highway and it's perfect. Good luck if you use Walmart. Many ppl do, but I sure didnt.

My own personal experience with Goodyear is not favorable. Every set had balance issues and mediocre uniformity at best. My last set had one tire that started out at 44 pounds of road force. GY replaced 2 but they still had a vibration. You couldn’t give me a set free, never again.
Glad you got it squared away.

I get being over them but unless the person using the road force balancer really put their all into it and that was the best they could do I bet a skilled operator using the machines capabilities could have gotten all but the 30 (and perhaps even that one) well under 15.

Sadly it seems most shops consider a simple balance on a machine that says “road force” a road force balance.

I guess I’m going to have to buy one of these things since I’ve moved away from my trusted installer…
Yes, I paid for road force balancing and happened to see the teen who did the job as I was leaving. I asked him if the road force numbers were good. He said, “I don’t know what you are talking about…I just balance tires”!

Getting someone to actually break a bead a move the tire to lower the #? I did see that once. A guy at Discount Tire..a guy that put one unidirectional tire on the wrong way!
😡

My own personal experience with Goodyear is not favorable. Every set had balance issues and mediocre uniformity at best. My last set had one tire that started out at 44 pounds of road force. GY replaced 2 but they still had a vibration. You couldn’t give me a set free, never again.
Glad you got it squared away.
My experience with Goodyear tires is similarly bad. No more for me.

The different franchise shops kept balancing them, which did no good.

I think the problem was shifting belts.

Back