RIP - Last Honda 15400-PLM-A01

Well, changed out the last A01 filter I had…time to move on to something else!
40D44194-218B-479F-B1DD-6A7585F76E0D.jpeg
7D4FAEAD-A046-490E-BD7F-16DF28A8D543.jpeg
2BC0FEE4-D11D-41C6-B068-334EF3DE584F.jpeg

I used my last one a while ago that I bought from the old HandA Honda site. I became convinced through others on here that the filtering efficiency isn't that great so it's been Fram Ultras for me since then. The A01 filters were constructed like tanks and "looked good" on a Honda but that's really not the important part.

eh a01 sucked anyway. I'd get any fram from the orange can which is the same as the honda in filtration or get a better tough guard or ultra. i believe its the 7317.

Just check the prices since ive seen the sunkist be nearly $5 when i should be $3, the tg be near $9 when it should be $5-6 while the ultra is $8 or as high as $10.

I used my last one a while ago that I bought from the old HandA Honda site. I became convinced through others on here that the filtering efficiency isn't that great so it's been Fram Ultras for me since then. The A01 filters were constructed like tanks and "looked good" on a Honda but that's really not the important part.
Me too! I think Handa is defunct, at least I could not find it. I had a bunch. Used quite a few on my niece’s TSX.

Last edited:
Wow, that's a relic. The last one I used had to be over 7 years ago. Nothing wrong with the A02's though. I made the switch to Fram Ultra's for my Honda once I saw the efficiency ratings on the Honda oil filters. Will the engine be fine running Honda OEM filters for 200K+ miles, very very likely. For the same money though, it was an easy decision to switch.

Back