RIP Jeff Beck...

From Rolling Stone Magazine:

JEFF BECK, GUITAR god, blues-rock innovator, and two-time Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, has died at the age of 78.

Beck’s family confirmed the former Yardbirds guitarist’s death Wednesday, a day after Beck’s death. “On behalf of his family, it is with deep and profound sadness that we share the news of Jeff Beck’s passing,” Beck’s family said in a statement. “After suddenly contracting bacterial meningitis, he peacefully passed away yesterday. His family asks for privacy while they process this tremendous loss.”

Beck, an eight-time Grammy nominee, was twice inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, both as a member of the Yardbirds as well as for his work with his own Jeff Beck Group.

I had tickets to see him late last year in San Jose, but I was ill and gave my tickets away.

Oh no. I was just listening to his stuff the other day. I really love the music from this time frame and it's sad to see this generation's time is up.

The legend will live on

md_04e27b3ae3fcc075a23c5028329e4e7f.jpg

He played on two songs on Ozzy's recent album, Patient Number 9, which is a very good album.

I've been a big fan of his for 55 years or more. All the way back to Truth and Beck-Ola albums with Rod Stewart on vocals.
He played the lead guitar intro to a song by Donovan called Goo Goo Barabajagal in the mid to late 60s.
I had all his records, and now have most of his CDs.
His music will live on forever. It's a hard pill to swallow.

JB.JPG

The Jeff Beck Group in the late 60s: (L-R) Rod Stewart, Ronnie Wood, Mickey Waller and Jeff Beck.
Photograph: Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images

Last edited:
Back