RIP Steve Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.
He died 19 years ago today. He was one of the guitarists in Def Leppard. He died on Jan. 8th, 1993. Yes, he did drugs and drank himself to death, but he was a phenomenal hard rock guitar player and songwriter. I still listen to the earlier Def Leppard albums and am always blown away by his playing style and technique. He was a great guitaist. The fans will always miss and remember him.

RIP "Steamin" Steve Clark

Ahh, Def Leppard....I was just re-reading Rick Allen's 1988 Modern Drummer interview last night. He's amazing with only 1 arm. He was the first drummer that I really listened to in order to help me keep time on my own drum kit. Ironically, he became a better drummer *after* his left arm was severed off, he even talks about that in that article.

Always enjoyed the entire Hysteria album (1st CD I ever purchased) and several non-released tracks, such as "into the sun".

Good rock n roll and they put on a great show when I saw them back then. RIP Steve. Sad that the lifestyle overtook him in the end...

Yes, I remember Steve Clark well, as well as Randy Rhodes, love both of those guitarists.

adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back