RIP Henry “Hank” Aaron.

Noooo! He was a great baseball player one of my favorites. Too bad we are losing everyone it seems. He was a Homerun King for sure.

One of those iconic baseball moments...#715, with the fans running on the field to congratulate him while he's between second and third. The Lord put together quite the rotation over the past year--Bob Gibson, Whitey Ford, Phil Niekro, Tom Seaver, and Don Sutton. In addition to Lou Brock, Al Kaline, Joe Morgan, and now Hammerin' Hank.

Hammering Hank was a class act. I remember seeing the record setting HR on TV as a kid.
RIP Hank.

Memories from my childhood days. Watching baseball on television. Names like Mays, Killebrew, Mantle, Banks and so on.
Some say Aaron was a better all around player than Mays.
One think is for sure, no one could blow a fast ball by him.
There is a famous line managers used to say about how to pitch to him:
"Just make sure no one is on base when he hits the home run."

Some say Aaron was a better all around player than Mays.
One think is for sure, no one could blow a fast ball by him.
There is a famous line managers used to say about how to pitch to him:
"Just make sure no one is on base when he hits the home run."

One weekend way back I watched Boog Powell of the Baltimore Orioles hit a line shot to the upper deck. The ball hit the facade with a thwack that could clearly be heard in the television broadcast. That was back before players started doping and whatever.

Powell was a big guy, like a block of granite. He didn’t need any help hitting power shots like that.

When players started to improve themselves artificially I stopped watching.

One weekend way back I watched Boog Powell of the Baltimore Orioles hit a line shot to the upper deck. The ball hit the facade with a thwack that could clearly be heard in the television broadcast. That was back before players started doping and whatever.

Powell was a big guy, like a block of granite. He didn’t need any help hitting power shots like that.

When players started to improve themselves artificially I stopped watching.
I still watch but it's interesting to compare players from years ago to today. The players from years ago look so skinny compared to modern players. The pace of play was a lot faster back then, too.

Back