Revenge of the Birds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A buddy of mine washed his car and then parked it at a restaurant near the front door. He was in the place for about 45 minutes.

He said when he came out he couldn't believe his eyes. His windshield was covered in bird droppings! He said there must have been 30 splatter marks all over the windshield with only a couple strays on the hood and roof.

What is going on? Dive bomb practice? Carpet bombing practice? Paybacks?

This is too weird!

Hey they got me too. I spent several hours on Wednesday compounding and polishing my car. Came outside yesterday to find it bird bombed. I wasnt even near any trees.

Neither was he...no trees around.

It was like they zeroed in on his windshield for practice.

I understand that birds poop when they take-off. It lightens the load for flying. Not that they think about it, just a behavior. Were birds living on the restaurant? We have a local restaurant that has kind of a funky terracotta roof on the front. Starlings (or some small type bird) seem to like to nest in the roof, you often hear them chirping.

It is invasion of the grackle time here in FtWorth.

Grackle.jpg

All the pretty migratory birds hang around for a day or two on thier way south, but this is apparently where those ugly grackles choose to winter at.

I'm convinced that they are nature's most incontinent animal.

Downtown FtWorth goes to extraordinary measures to keep them out so they congregate here...and splatter our cars to death..

Reminds me of the old "The Far Side" cartoon where this guy is washing his car and a bird is sitting on a wire above and saying to itself, "It's mine...all mine".

It's the animal conspiracy.

The animal world is fed up with what we humans are doing to the planet and their habitats. We have pushed the animal kingdom too far and they have had enough-and are starting to fight back.

The birds, along with the squirrels, spy on us humans in the towns and cities and then report back to the larger, walking (hopefully not yet talking) creatures of the forests.

If the animal and insect world would collectively comine forces then we are dealing with walking / stomping / chewing / biting / stinging weapons of mass destruction. The likes of which the world has never known. The locust swarms in the US Plains States in the past was only a small remote demonstration of what these forces are capable of.

Birds around a restaurant that throws food in the garbage, and most of the time misses, and it ends up on the ground.

I don't believe it.

I use to be able to make it rain bu washing my Porsche. It never failed. Within a week of washing my car it rained.

I spent a good 5 hours detailing my 01 Impala LS years ago. I went to bed tired but it was worth it. I woke up the next morning and my car was literally covered from front bumper to rear spoiler in bird doodoo. Like hundreds of droppings. My old house had an open driveway, no trees or any shrubs.

I was upset but was kinda amused. Almost like being blessed, figure out of all the cars in the area, they chose mine
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back