Reusing Engine Oil in OPE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you analretentive OCD types probably nit-pick and complain about every little stinkin' thing in life....

There's nothing wrong with slightly used PCMO. Geez, build a bridge and GET OVER IT.

It's perfectly fine to use this oil in other engines, especially ones that are "farther along in life".

Most people change their WAAAAY too soon.

Originally Posted by eljefino
I think of OPE as more high strung than passenger cars and run better gas and oil in them. I wouldn't put "mere" conventional 5w30 in them for example. I also rotate my 6 month old OPE gas through a car to empty the cans to make room for fresh. (I want an "in-season" vapor pressure in OPE but don't care about my injected cars.)

If my snowblower breaks down it's a bigger and more immediate crisis than my car.

I am in agreement with the general sentiment of responses...not really worth saving a few bucks for 1 quart of oil.

i don't understand your comment about using "mere" conventional 5w30 though...that is exactly what my snowblower calls for and i have been going with Formula Shell.

can you elaborate?

Back in the day they didn't want us running chintzy 5w30 in OPE because it would shear down, and, as Briggs put it, burn off.

The OHV/OHC motors changed that up, but only in the last 10 years or so.

I run synthetic in all OPE, to save on starter rope via easier pulling, but for many other good reasons too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back