Oil Mix for Two Stroke Single Stage Snow Blower

Funny. I spoke to the customer for 3 or 4 minutes about how much oil to add to a gallon of gas for his two stroke snow blower. A week later...

He actually kind of chuckled because I replaced the engine (on the cheap) with one I've had laying around for a couple of years. Sometimes wonder what to do with people.

Attachments

• IMG_2474.JPG
    IMG_2474.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2478.JPG
    IMG_2478.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 76
That's one ugly piston and cylinder.

Last year I bought a new two cycle Echo trimmer. The old one it replaced ran so so, the shaft was worn out and the string head was broken. So I removed the muffler, drained the gas/oil mix that was in the tank, and filled it with straight gasoline that I use in the mowers, just to see how long it would run without any oil in the mix. Used some duct tape to hold it at full throttle and started it up. I don't remember exactly how long I let it run, probably 6-7 minutes? Ran like it always did and after I started getting bored with this high level backyard science experiment I shut it off, drained the gas and chucked it all in the garbage. Pulled the string a few times and surprisingly it still had decent compression. I was amazed it went that long with no oil in the gas.

I'm sure there was some oil in it .. like a drop per gallon.

My parents have a single stage two stroke snowblower. Somehow it starts every fall. It gets used once a year and has 3 or 4 year old gas in it and still starts. I need to get it back home and service it.

Back