Retired from the USN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call it a hole in your mind. The older you get become, more holes there are.

Congratulations Astro and thank you for your long service!
Cheers & Beers!
34.gif
cheers3.gif

Thank you for your service Sir! Whilst I may be North of your border, I grew up alongside NAVFAC Argentia & my family made some life-long friends w/ members of the USN. There was some wide-eyed conversations that I recall experiencing in the presence of an old Naval Aviator. Used to fly the S2 Tracker. Was in the Cuban blockade, off Viet Nam, etc. There but for the Lord & NATO go all of us & people like Cpt. Tom Orr, USN (Rt'd), my cousin Cpt. Craig Blandford, RCAF (Rt'd, flew NATO AWACS last going off) & you Astro, took to the skies (& seas!) to stand guard for me. You didn't know me but you risked it all. For me. A young Newfoundland kid that learned to love the USN as a true Force for good in our world. Some may chide me for my youthful naivete on the subject but I truly disagree. You left your home & family to serve.

As I say to all those who have served & start to take their pension, "Long may you draw from the Pension Fund brother!"

John.

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
Originally Posted By: Astro14
I joined the Navy on 18 July, 1986.

fjYBbcJ.png

That movie prompted me to try to become a Fighter Pilot. The Recruiter told me I was too tall.

Congrats on your 30 years, and Thank You for your service.

Congratulations and thank you for your service.

Didn't know you flew for United Airlines. Pretty cool stuff.

Enjoy your retirement. Just got back from Virginia Beach. Have family there.

Congrats Sir! might have crossed paths somewhere, 22 yr NAVY Retired, 71-93
cheers3.gif

NAVAIR "Tip of the Spear"

Last edited:
As a 6year U.S. NAVY engineman, you Astro earned it and you flew my favorite airplane: Grumman F-14 "Tomcat"

Thank You sir for your service to your country
34.gif
08.gif
10.gif
01.gif

Thank you for your service and congratulations on your retirement. From experience you never really feel like you are no longer serving. You just received a new title. Fair winds and following seas.

Congratulations on retirement.

My friends from when I served Active are all retiring, it is strange to think about being "retirement age". A few friends from the Guard still serve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back