Restaurant chains you wish would come back

I really miss Fuddruckers.
What did you like about them? We still have two of them here in Massachusetts. I go once in a while. I think it's ok, but I've had better burgers at local restaurants and they're probably on par with a few other burger chains.

What did you like about them? We still have two of them here in Massachusetts. I go once in a while. I think it's ok, but I've had better burgers at local restaurants and they're probably on par with a few other burger chains.
I think decades ago Fuddruckers was enjoyable. Fuddruckers were busy places and had the condiment bar always stacked and packed with fresh tomatoe slices and the like. As their business slowed, Fuddruckers appeared too no longer place the emphasis on the quality of their product.

35 years ago, Fuddruckers was a treat. Today's Fuddruckers is not the same experience, far from it.

Mel's Drive In. Terry the Toad was my doppelgänger.

images
Drive-in's and diners are a dying breed.

Thankfully, there's still a decent hotel-attached diner/restaurant in my small hometown outside Anchorage. The food is good, and one or two decent movie scenes have been shot there. The mountain scenery from the street booth windows is to die for certain times of the year (with the mountains covered in snow).

Last edited:
Dutch Pantry, Ponderosa Steakhouse.
Pondersosa Steakhouses worked. They were satisfying.

Outback Steakhouse is around. There's still one in Anchorage.

I've a hankering for a bloomin' onion...

Last edited:
When I travel, I will stop at Arby's if no other choices. Two of their processed roast beef sandwiches. I won't buy anything else from Arby's.. not even a soft drink.

I believe they are still around for the most part but Jack in the Box. Wish they would come back to my area. My understanding they wanted to focus more on the west market. We used to have them here long before my time though. I tried one out in the Midwest somewhere in like Oklahoma or Kansas when I was a kid and it was amazing. Well anything is amazing when you are a kid but I can still taste it pretty good. We were in North Carolina today and it had me thinking about it as I seen they had locations in North Carolina. I’m really surprised they were able to survive after the 1993 E Coli outbreak and all the lawsuits they faced with it. In my opinion I believe they are still recovering from that as you never see them open any new locations or anything. But they should bring them back around here I personally think they would do great. Wish they would bring White Castle to my area too could really use a chicken slider lol.

Back