Replacement Arrived - 2015 Subaru Outback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we replaced my wife's 2004 Subaru Forester XT with a 2015 Subaru Outback...and kept the 2000 Ford Taurus.
smile.gif
We got very close to KBB value of "Excellent" for the Forester despite it having a few scratches and dents (mechanically, it was in perfect condition and maintained/documented well over the years). I could not bring myself to part with the Taurus, I've had an affinity for them for a long time.

We're looking forward to our first family trip in the new car.

1220141526.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a great car. My mom bought a Forester about 3 months ago and it's the most solid car I probably have ever driven. Those here on this board say Subaru puts money in places where it's not seen which is exactly the kind of car I would purchase.

Last edited:
"Well, we replaced my wife's 2004 Subaru Forester XT with a 2015 Subaru Outback...and kept the 2000 Ford Taurus. smile We got very close to KBB value of "Excellent" for the Forester despite it having a few scratches and dents (mechanically, it was in perfect condition and maintained/documented well over the years). I could not bring myself to part with the Taurus, I've had an affinity for them for a long time.

We're looking forward to our first family trip in the new car."

The Taurus is a fine automobile.
The Subaru is nice also.

We have a '12 Outback. I would replace it with the new version, if something happened to it. Otherwise, it is 25% of the way toward my goal of putting 300k miles on it. It has been dammed near perfect, and works very well in ice and snow.

I may not be seeing the pic. correctly, but why is the rear bumper missing?

That looks a lot better than the styling it replaced. I wouldn't mind having one in place of the Camry.

Originally Posted By: onemig

I may not be seeing the pic. correctly, but why is the rear bumper missing?

Long story....dealer prep scratched the lower black plastic during prep. The dealer made the decision to replace the entire rear bumper before delivery.

Originally Posted By: 4wheeldog
We have a '12 Outback. I would replace it with the new version, if something happened to it. Otherwise, it is 25% of the way toward my goal of putting 300k miles on it. It has been dammed near perfect, and works very well in ice and snow.

We like it! 100 miles on ours so far so we have a little ways to go before 300k.

Last edited:
Nice. It doesn't get newer than still in the wrapper.

My friend's wife got a new Outback a couple months ago. It's a really nice car. The oil filter location is nice too.

I have a '02 Forester which is antique comparing to OP's car but still drives as well as the car I bought 4.5 years ago. They're well made although do require some work as miles flip to six digits. Thinking that one day I'll get the current or previous generation Outback... one day...

Originally Posted By: bowlofturtle
which trim/options did you get it with?

Looks great! How is the power difference between FXT to this?

Don't know the options but it looks like a Limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back