Renewable Lubricants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by CleverUserName

Why would you pay extra for Blackstone to test for Antimony when Oil Analyzers AKA Polaris labs includes it in their standard GC test of metals.

To answer your other question;

Archoil 9100 is a very expensive additive. I've never seen any conclusive evidence that it reduces wear, in fact I've seen numerous UOAs where there was no improvement vs. the previous samples w/out 9100. Why would you waste your money?

Secondly, the additive chemistry of the RLI product line is unique and you were warned about mixing in any additives due to potential compatibility issues. The only thing you should be adding is the RLI Booster Pak if you want > 400 ppm of antimony.

As hard as it is to believe, the RLI Biosyn Xtra HD oils do not need anything added to them.

Thanks Clever. I'll send the oil off to Polaris. I forgot that they include Sb automatically. Good call.

And regarding the rest of your opinion: You, among other people on here, have a problem with Archoil because it's "expensive". I don't care about that. So, it's not a valid "reason" to avoid it.

And while I agree that RLI chemistries are unique, "potential" compatibility issues is a fear-driven motive that I don't buy into. I'm just not afraid. Hence, I poured it in. LOL!!! It's a $40k truck, still under factory warranty. It should be obvious to all that fear isn't part of this equation.

On RLI's website....this is what they say about their "Booster Pak" product that you make reference to:

"Bio-SynXtra Booster Pak is a patented biobased concentrate that can be added to any engine oil to improve lubrication performance and increase the life of high performance engines."

So obviously, you can add this RLI chemistry to "typical" oils like M1, Castrol, Valvoline, etc. If that's the case, then obviously the chemistries of RLI and more standard oils aren't incompatible.

Originally Posted by Phishin
Originally Posted by CleverUserName

Why would you pay extra for Blackstone to test for Antimony when Oil Analyzers AKA Polaris labs includes it in their standard GC test of metals.

To answer your other question;

Archoil 9100 is a very expensive additive. I've never seen any conclusive evidence that it reduces wear, in fact I've seen numerous UOAs where there was no improvement vs. the previous samples w/out 9100. Why would you waste your money?

Secondly, the additive chemistry of the RLI product line is unique and you were warned about mixing in any additives due to potential compatibility issues. The only thing you should be adding is the RLI Booster Pak if you want > 400 ppm of antimony.

As hard as it is to believe, the RLI Biosyn Xtra HD oils do not need anything added to them.

Thanks Clever. I'll send the oil off to Polaris. I forgot that they include Sb automatically. Good call.

And regarding the rest of your opinion: You, among other people on here, have a problem with Archoil because it's "expensive". I don't care about that. So, it's not a valid "reason" to avoid it.

And while I agree that RLI chemistries are unique, "potential" compatibility issues is a fear-driven motive that I don't buy into. I'm just not afraid. Hence, I poured it in. LOL!!! It's a $40k truck, still under factory warranty. It should be obvious to all that fear isn't part of this equation.

I don't have any problem with the price of 9100. If it actually worked and had a measurable impact on a UOA it would have merit. However I've seen multiple UOAs which show no improvement or effect whatsoever, other than a boost of boron. I've seen a $6 can of Liqui Moly 2009 improve wear numbers on a UOA yet nothing from 9100. It's your money and you can waste it on whatever you want. You know what P.T. Barnum said...

Regarding the booster pak, Someone on here said that Moly is antagonistic with Antimony. If you search you can probably find it. The booster pak can be mixed with any motor oil, oils are generally miscible, but like 9100 the effect may not be positive or an improvement over the oil by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back