Somebody posted this YouTube video a while back, and I just had a chance to try out the technique: Just replaced the rotors on the daughter's Tercel, and I can report with abundant confidence that this technique ACTUALLY WORKS! One rotor was rusted to the point where the usual 8mm bolts pulling from the face of the top-hat simply expanded the steel and fractured it. But using the bolt-from-the-rear technique pushed the rotor right off in a few seconds. Easy as pie. I did find that, in my case, it was unnecessary to use two bolts, or two washers and the second nut on the end of each bolt. One bolt, one washer and one nut were sufficient, with the end of the bolt bearing directly on the rotor surface. I used an M12x50 bolt and appropriate washer/nut, since that configuration was compatible with the Tercel's brake design.