Removing existing waxes & sealants

Exactly. They're constantly coming out with new products. They have to in order to stay in business. Many are expensive gimmicks with good marketing behind them to lure in the buyer. I have a few bottles I call gimmicky garbage that I got suckered into. LOL I won't name them, scattered about these threads I mentioned a few disappointments I had. There's a pretty large population of car enthusiasts willing to try the latest and greatest searching for that miracle product, and these companies are ready to take their money.
Agree 100%. Honestly, I can't stand the detail world. There are no industry standard tests. It's all word of mouth and reputation. And that's fine if you know someone that tested them out already. There are some good/bad products out there. Lately I've been trying my best to purchase things made here in the US.

Last edited:
Agree 100%. Honestly, I can't stand the detail world. There are no industry standard tests. It's all word of mouth and reputation. And that's fine if you know someone that tested them out already. There are some good/bad products out there. Lately I've been trying my best to purchase things made here in the US. I'm using Griot's and for the exterior trim went with Cerakote.
Wait until you're my age. LOL I enjoy detailing work, but.......... I really have to be in the mood for it, and the moods are becoming less frequent. There are some good products out there, but I'm buying into the hype a lot less than I did years ago.

Knowing how durable some of these sealant products are, just routine two bucket washes and you're good.

Last edited:
machine polish will do the trick. but at least do it by hand, with abrasive pre-wax-cleansers. (dodo juice lime prime, etc ) it will add gloss.
fine abrasives will remove old stuff and dirt as well. (previous wash steps may not thoroughly prep the paint. )
also consider meguiars washplus. (y)

now are popular things like carpro essence, which is also pre-"wax"-cleanser, but has great fill capacity & lays down coating-like layer.
this is meant also as binding layer for cquartz coatings. or you can use it alone. :)
i dont believe in dish soaps.

edit--- lime prime smells like citrus i guess limonene has it.
also the washplus has this smell. limonene cleans well.

Last edited:
I have P21S Paintwork Cleanser for my fall/winter strip/detail. Right now I'm riding on existing wax/sealants and it looks good so I'm not messing with it. At some point I'll start from scratch and ride that out for several years or until the truck ends up with scratches (which it will in due time). Going to use the P21S on the Subaru which is a disaster right now. I plan on using the P21S by hand.

Back