P21s Paintwork Cleanser

I saw this product on Apex Detail. One of his choices to prep paint prior to waxing/sealant etc. Preferably you use the product by hand, but can be done with a polisher. I used it by hand as it was early in the morning and didn't want to create too much noise. It goes on/off incredibly well.

I did an 10% IPA wipe down after to remove any existing fillers from the product. Paint cleansers are not used that often as polishing with a polisher is still the best method for prepping the paint. However, this does work very well and I'd recommend it as a prep to applying your sealant.

Because i never polished my truck, it has multiple products on it and I want to strip it down. I did a high pH wash several times. The existing product held up well to the high pH soap and was still protecting. It finally started to breakdown and that is when I used P21s.

I could immediately tell how much more clarity there was in the paint. My paint was ever so slightly cloudy due to the layers of multiple products. It's now where i wanted it. I applied Griot's 3 in 1 after.

unnamed (3).jpg
IMG-2210.jpg
IMG-2202.jpg
IMG-2198.jpg

I applied it by hand. Didn't take that long and was very easy.

Back