Removing dealer decal

Recently bought a car from a dealer named Passport. Their sticker on the rear of the car is not a decal but individual letters spelling out their name. The T is missing. What's the best way to remove these individual letters? They appear to be a black vinyl sticker.

Recently bought a car from a dealer named Passport. Their sticker on the rear of the car is not a decal but individual letters spelling out their name. The T is missing. What's the best way to remove these individual letters? They appear to be a black vinyl sticker.
I had to do this with a large van decal once. Use a heat gun on a low setting to soften up the vinyl then goo gone to remove any leftover adhesive.

All of the above are good recommendations - but have you tried peeling it off with a finger nail? My experience with dealer stickers is there far less stuck on than OEM stickers or real vinyl - unless they have been on for years. My last 3 new cars I literally just lifted them off after the car was home.

Just replaced a Carrera badge a few days ago, was partially losing its grip.

Vinyl letters or hard plastic letters? If plastic, start with waxed dental floss. If just vinyl, I have luck with careful heat, GooGone and, if necessary, a soft plastic scraper. Let the GooGone sit on the residue for a bit.

I'd try a piece of fishing line, then follow up with goo gone or WD-40.

Reactions: hrv
Hair dryer, then gasoline (!) for the stickum, then dish soap & water for the gasoline, then rinse with water.

You can even use a razor blade (egads) for the stickum if you have to, the gasoline will lubricate things enough. If you're squeamish you can use a plastic putty knife.

Had to do this last week. I squirted Goo Gone onto a small terry cloth towel then blotted it on the letters and waited 10 minutes. Wife got the individual letters off easily with a little picking at it with her fingernail. Went over the completed area with a little Simple Green, rinsed the area, then used a little Meguiar’s spray polish and you would never know the letters were ever there. (y)

First thing I do is remove them when I get home. Have always used a hair dryer on low to warm them up.

I’ve used a hair dryer (low should do it) and then some bug and tar remover that was laying around to get the residue. Super easy and a great improvement IMHO. (I also throw away the dealer license plate frames.)

Before taking delivery of any vehicle I have them remove their decals or no deal. ;)

Yup! My comment after the deal is made is unless you are going to pay me for advertising then remove the decal/plate holder or I will not sign off.

Thanks for all the good replies. Right now they are cold so warming them up may be the trick. They haven't been on there but for a few months.

If it's the vinyl decal type letters , you can peel them with your fingernail . If any adhesive remains use Goo Gone or WD40 .

I have used a hair drier for vinyl stickers and cleaned up with Isopropyl alcohol on a clean rag.
For emblems I use the hair drier then fishing line or dental floss followed up with the alcohol and a good wax after. I find on a new vehicle the sooner you get them off the easier it is.

Well the sun was shining on the rear end all afternoon and warmed it up. I scraped the letters off with my fingernail and uses Goop Gone to clean the adhesive. I couldn’t resist, left the ASS of Passport on the car.:LOL:

Back