Redline S-1 Fuel System Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
Originally Posted By: tpitcher

3 tanks of gas in 2 weeks.

Sure it's just 1 data point, but it's a data point to be noted. Better than saying something incorrectly or guessing, right?.

Yeah, that sounds solid to me. Curious, any improvement post treatment in your experience with a PEA treatment at those dosing?
grin2.gif

Does the SL2 have a replaceable fuel-filter?

Yes stays peppy & yes.

Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
why i switched to red line long ago, everytime i went to fill up and added bg44k the filler neck never got clean!!! until i started using red line si-1 it is spotless!!i used it ever since.

Since I starting using Redline S-1 Maintenance doses and MMO Maintenance doses with each fill up, the filler necks in both my trucks are spotless as well. They look new. I do like the way my trucks run with this as well.

i too use the maint dose 2 oz every trip to station.. i pour 3 oz of red line 2 cycle oil in a new bottle of si-1 for more ucl...and use that for my maint.dose

Last edited:
I also use a mix of Red Line SI-1, and RL Watercraft Injection (their TCW-3) at most fillups, but I cut back on the latter when it is crazy hot out, as I do not want to reduce the octane of the fuel even a minute amount (to avoid detonation).

(The early LS1 knock sensor system is not as quick to react as the latter LS2/3/etc. systems are, so undetected spark knock is a very real possibility in my engine.
frown.gif
)

the combustion camber and valves in my engine is dirty as [censored] / leads to valve failure due to carbon deposits .

SI-1 cleans it up pretty good imho. even the company making my engine sells PEA based cleaners .

Originally Posted By: vo_marz
the combustion camber and valves in my engine is dirty as [censored] / leads to valve failure due to carbon deposits .

SI-1 cleans it up pretty good imho. even the company making my engine sells PEA based cleaners .

What engine are you referring to?

majority of Yamaha's Pre-2000 carburated bikes .

The carbon buildup is...ungodly on the valves and combustion chamber

Yamaha's valve cleaner sells for 3 USD here per bottle.
one bottle one dose = super expensive.

I packed my SI-1 into 25ML bottles and add 5CC per gas top up.
works like a charm.

Last edited:
I dumped a bottle of S-1 in one of my son's cars (Camry) last week just before he left to fill up. He didn't know I did it.
Today, I called for him to pick me up (getting my SUV windows tinting done) and on the ride back when on the freeway I noticed he was down to half a tank. I asked him how has the Camry been running and he says for some reason it's been more peppy and smoother this last week of use so the other Chevron station must have pretty good gas (he usually gets 76) - hehe
Guess the S-1 is doing the Camry some good. He's coming up soon for an oil change so I figured he will use up the tank about the time for the oil change.
I'm going to start a maintenance dose in my work SUV today, then dump a bottle for a tank prior to the next oil change.
Oh, I had the wife check the other WalMart stores here yesterday so the stores, total of 3 checked, don't carry the S-1. Guess I'll have to go to Pep Boys when it comes time for more.
Think I'll dump a dose in the old carb motorcycle this evening too.

Last edited:
Just got back from a different Pep Boys and bought their 4 bottles of S-1, like another Pep Boys not long ago. I guess they carry 4 bottle at a time - if so, I cleaned out the 2 Pep Boys I been too.
Been getting Surf City appearance products there anyway + the free buckets.

Getting to wonder - with all this S-1 and the bottles of Techron I bought before getting any S-1, I might have to mix in some Techron too just so it don't go to waste.
So now to figure the % mix or go with 1.5oz/10-gallons as a maintenance dose plus a little Techron on top of that.
I have something like 7 bottles of S-1 and 8 bottles of Techron (sized for 20-gallons instead of the smaller bottles).

Originally Posted By: Errtt
Just got back from a different Pep Boys and bought their 4 bottles of S-1, like another Pep Boys not long ago. I guess they carry 4 bottle at a time - if so, I cleaned out the 2 Pep Boys I been too.
Been getting Surf City appearance products there anyway + the free buckets.

Getting to wonder - with all this S-1 and the bottles of Techron I bought before getting any S-1, I might have to mix in some Techron too just so it don't go to waste.
So now to figure the % mix or go with 1.5oz/10-gallons as a maintenance dose plus a little Techron on top of that.
I have something like 7 bottles of S-1 and 8 bottles of Techron (sized for 20-gallons instead of the smaller bottles).

Just rotate every other dose with Redline and Techron...

^ "Just rotate every other dose with Redline and Techron..."

Thought of that but it would be more consistent with a mix. And i don't know, but the S-1 UCL advantage compared to Techron at each fill instead of every other.

This is the only fuel system cleaner I ever buy also, and last time I got it in Canada I had to order it from a local Amsoil dealer (he gets Redline too apparently)

I was in Michigan on the weekend though and their local Oreillys had 4 or 5 bottles on the shelf. Picked one up while I was there. Have not seen it on store shelves in Canada for at least 3 years.

I tend to stock up on the stuff as a filler for coupons (i.e. I'm $10 short for a "$20 off $100" purchase) so I'll throw it in.

Still, it's hard to beat the yearly BOGO deal on Techron Concentrate they have...

I've used SI-1 in the past with success. I just started buying it from Amazon again. I'm going to do a maintenance dose on our cars every fillup. Especially for our Optima, which is turbo and DI. I think the Optima could benefit from a continual dose, want this car to last a long time!

O'Reilly's has it on the shelf in the Chicagoland area for $11.00 a bottle. Used my giftcards from the Mobil 5000 rebate to buy a bottle a few months ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back