Redline Oil at Advanced Auto Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be old news to many on this form, but
our local Advanced Auto Parts store has just begun to stock Redline Oil products. I don't know if this is happening at other stores, or if this is just a local thing, but for fans of this oil this could be a good thing. The oil was going for $7.98/qt. and they had 5w20, 5w30, 10w30, and 20w50. No gear lubes yet..

I may end up using this oil after I finish my current fill of GC and some testing with NA Syntec 0w30.

The Advance Auto Store near me in Northern NJ also has those Redline motor oils in stock at the same price. Like you I wish they carried the gear oils. Compared to other true synthetic motor oils or Schaeffers Blend for that matter they just seem expensive for the motor oil.

Whimsey

Yea, here to but the stores report that they can count the sales on one hand. Too pricey for the (ave)type of customer these stores bring in especially when on the shelf with Mobil 1 for 30-40% LESS. Also, you can get it for less mail order including the shipping. I suggesed to the local stores that if they dropped the price to $7/qt and also gave a case discount I would consider it.

My AA carries it ...I think for $8.xx a quart. This store has all their synthetic on one small display rack (stand alone 4'w X 4' h 3 or 4 quarts deep). They have 6 or 7 times as much space dedicated to cheaper dinos. They don't even carry the full line of M1 (no 0w-30 ever).

I can't justify the cost of the stuff. I can also see why many use 1 quart as an "additive" (cue strange, seemingly unrelated, background music in "Last Tengo in Paris").

I found out about 3 months ago that the local Advanced Auto has been selling RedLine for well over a year. I went there the other day to get some oil for my motorcycle, but they didn't have the grade I run (15w-50). They can special order all Redline products if you desire.

I chose not to order from them and support our site sponsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back