Redline 5/30 Street Oil VOA Jan-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: strfx1
Looking good Jeff! Well I don't know how bad the winters are up there but my VIII handles anything Reno weather can throw at it. The AWD + Snow Tires gives me perfect traction while other SUVs and 4x4s are spinning out or getting stuck.

Hey Jeff if you don't mind me asking, what sort of UICP are you running there? Looks real nice. Granted you don't get any real gains changing the UICP but still thinking about swapping my stock pipes out cause they're looking kind of ugly haha(both UICP and LICP).

Kyle, How are you doing bud! That is a Buschur Racing Upper Intercooler Pipe and Mini Battery Kit. You need the Mini Battery to use this Intercooler pipe set up. It eliminates over 16" of pipe vs OEM and several bends making it much smoother for air to flow through.

Granted it will not improve HP, but it did improve Throttle response considerably. You will need a tune after the install since this kit flows so much more air than stock that it may throw your AFR's off on a OEM tune.

Here is the link for the UICP that I have:

https://secure.buschurracing.com/catalog...78a8fcdbbd6e261

I am a big fan of Buschur Racing. They build quality stuff at a fair price and all parts are Made in the USA.
smile.gif

Jeff

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Nice to see car actually 'prove' what it's got - not just some guy saying "yeah, my cars pretty trick, yo - it's puts out like 400 horsepower and can totally destroy 'vette's!"

:p

Thank You
smile.gif
My car is actually mildly tuned since it is utilizing all OEM bottom end and turbo. On 91 pump it runs consistant 320awhp pulls. On E85 it would pull around 400awhp as is. I run 91 pump since its easier to get. The car is capable as is of running low to mid 12's in the 1/4 mile. I am not much of a drag racer, but I do AutoX well used to, pay cuts at my work kinda cut my AutoX budget, but Streets of Willows or Willow Springs is a great track for the Evo.

I will quote a tech inspector at an SCCA Auto X event when I pulled into tech last year. "Jeff, Only in an Evo can you come and compete with a car with 4 doors, a trunk and 2 baby seats in the back and be competetive. You just gotta love this car".

I can't agree more
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Johnny
That's a good looking little hotrod. Wouldn't be much good in the winter where I'm at, but I could have a lot of fun with that during the summer.

Johnny, Put some snow tires on this car, and put it in "Snow" mode and your good to go. The AWD system does the rest. The car has 3 AWD settings. Tarmac, Gravel and Snow. It has 2 Mechanical LSD difs Front/Rear and an Electronic Center Dif. They Rally these cars in Europe in the snow all the time
smile.gif
Group N is basically Street Stock and a roll cage.

You may be more familiar with the Evo's nemisis. The Subaru Impreza STi. Subarus are very solid snow cars. This is Mitsubishi's version
smile.gif
Both are excellent vehicles. I just think working on Subies is a PITA!! The Mits is very easy to work on in comparison. I am a fan of both though.
smile.gif

I think you would Love to take my car out Johnny. Problem would be getting the keys back from you!! haha

Jeff

Don't know if it permanently plates, but it plates/coats while it is in there.

I was curious about that. So as long as the moly is there (using redline) then the barrior is there? In therory this would seem like something that would reduce friction and wear considerably. Why don't more oil companies use it? Cost? or does Redline just use allot of it since the Esters are fighting for metal honors and they need allot of moly to keep it at bay? Hope I made sense on that haha.

Jeff

Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX
That's a good looking little hotrod. Wouldn't be much good in the winter where I'm at, but I could have a lot of fun with that during the summer.

Johnny, Put some snow tires on this car, and put it in "Snow" mode and your good to go. The AWD system does the rest. The car has 3 AWD settings. Tarmac, Gravel and Snow. It has 2 Mechanical LSD difs Front/Rear and an Electronic Center Dif. They Rally these cars in Europe in the snow all the time
smile.gif
Group N is basically Street Stock and a roll cage.

You may be more familiar with the Evo's nemisis. The Subaru Impreza STi. Subarus are very solid snow cars. This is Mitsubishi's version
smile.gif
Both are excellent vehicles. I just think working on Subies is a PITA!! The Mits is very easy to work on in comparison. I am a fan of both though.
smile.gif

I think you would Love to take my car out Johnny. Problem would be getting the keys back from you!! haha

Jeff

Well, young man, you have the car, I have the Bridgestone Snow Tires, come on over and let's have some fun.

Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX
Originally Posted By: strfx1
Looking good Jeff! Well I don't know how bad the winters are up there but my VIII handles anything Reno weather can throw at it. The AWD + Snow Tires gives me perfect traction while other SUVs and 4x4s are spinning out or getting stuck.

Hey Jeff if you don't mind me asking, what sort of UICP are you running there? Looks real nice. Granted you don't get any real gains changing the UICP but still thinking about swapping my stock pipes out cause they're looking kind of ugly haha(both UICP and LICP).

Kyle, How are you doing bud! That is a Buschur Racing Upper Intercooler Pipe and Mini Battery Kit. You need the Mini Battery to use this Intercooler pipe set up. It eliminates over 16" of pipe vs OEM and several bends making it much smoother for air to flow through.

Granted it will not improve HP, but it did improve Throttle response considerably. You will need a tune after the install since this kit flows so much more air than stock that it may throw your AFR's off on a OEM tune.

Here is the link for the UICP that I have:

https://secure.buschurracing.com/catalog...78a8fcdbbd6e261

I am a big fan of Buschur Racing. They build quality stuff at a fair price and all parts are Made in the USA.
smile.gif

Jeff

Very nice! That was one of the two packages I was investigating, the other being the ETS full FMIC kit with a 3.5" core. From what I've gathered those are the two most popular options. First thing first though, got to get that new clutch in. Felt the car slip in 2nd gear going about 1/2 throttle this morning so the thing is definitely on its way out...

I somehow missed this VOA and did my own on the RL 5w30 and I am pretty bummed out. Why is my TBN so low compared to the TBN on the first page? I know it is hard to read, but the TBN is 8.6. Most of the other elements are close. 8.6 an outlier?

RL5w30.png

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bluesubie
Mitsu is killing the Evo?
frown.gif

-Dennis

To be honest, Mitsubishi has been turning out a lot of sub-par product lately. Galants that only come with a 2.4L four-cylinder engine. The new Outlander Sport, that is totally bereft of any "sport". The once mighty Eclipse, that has turned into an aged excuse for a "chick" car...

Originally Posted By: bluesubie
32.gif

Mitsu is killing the Evo?
frown.gif

http://www.autocar.co.uk/blogs/autocarco...is-no-more.aspx

-Dennis

Yes it is true. Mitsubishi is axeing an Icon. IMO the Evo was Mitsubishi's best performance car period.

I will hold onto mine. My Evo 9 MR is only 1 of 4100 in the USA and I feel it will be a collectable by Japan Sports Car enthusiasts. Not only that, I love the dang thing
smile.gif

Its been a great car, and it just shows how the economy is hitting everyone. Not to mention stricter emissions as well.

Jeff

Here you go.

RedlineVOA.jpg

bumping this thread - how does a virgin sample have lead in it?

odd... contaminated sample? would be really good to know so I'm not freaking out about wear on my RL sample lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back