Red Pocket ending service for Sprint based phones

Look into Connect by TMobile. The $10 plan doesn't exist?
$15 T-Mobile Connect UNL Talk & Text w/ 2.5GB Data (capped)

But they don't offer any small size phones that I can see. The Alcatel at RP is only 5.3 x 2.5 inches.

I couldn't figure out what it was about Sprint that was shutting down. It's CDMA that's finally going away, so if you have a GSM capable phone you can keep using it.

Then I'm guessing it falls under one of these on that site I linked:

If your device is locked to the CDMAS network but uses GSM technology
This means your device is compatible with any network, however the device is currently locked to the CDMAS network, thereby preventing you from receiving a signal when using any other network SIM card.​
Please contact the retailer where you purchased your device to see if this applies to you, and to have the device unlocked. Once your device is unlocked, it can work with any one of our remaining networks, including the comparable GSMT network. Click here to learn more about our wireless networks.​
Once your device is unlocked, visit redpocket.com/plans to purchase a SIM card on one of our other wireless networks (like the GSMT, GSMA, or CDMA-V network). Once you've received your new SIM card in the mail a Red Pocket Mobile customer support representative can help you switch your phone number over to the new wireless network.​
If your device is GSM unlocked and you're using one of our CDMAS network SIM cards
Great news! You do not have to make changes to your device. Simply switch over to one of our remaining networks. Visit redpocket.com/plans to purchase a SIM card on one of our other wireless networks (like the GSMT, GSMA, or CDMA-V network).​
Once you've received your new SIM card in the mail, a Red Pocket Mobile customer support representative can help you switch your phone number over to the new wireless network.​

Borrow a T-Mobile SIM from somewhere (a friend or a T-mobile store) and try it in your phone. That is really the only way to know compatibility for sure.

Note that when you swap the SIM in an Android phone, it will log it out of your Google account. You will need to be ready with the password to log back in.

The own-brands are getting really competitive with MVNOs. If you don't need or use Red Pocket's ability to call foreign countries, it may be simplest to just switch to the Connect plan.

Back