Red Pocket ending service for Sprint based phones

you could get an Alcatel-TCL A30 new unlocked 4G for $99 again, was $110 when girlfriend bought hers. slightly smaller + works great, pick your carrier. i use air voice as i rarely use the phone + text + talk for $10 for 100 min for 90 days, yes 90 days!! data at pay as used on their pay as you go plan. you can add time + money on line on your account.

CDMA would not have a removable SIM card unless it was also LTE capable I think, cant answer, many years ago when were were on Sprint none of our phones had SIM cards.
Later sprint handsets had SIM cards married to the imei for LTE access. Correct CDMA access did not require SIM cards.

Welcome to Red Pocket! Your wait time will be approximately 544 minute(s). One of our representatives will be with you shortly.

We switched from Red pocket to another carrier and it was an easy 1 hour-45 min wait time. Terrible customer service imo just to cancel their service.

I think wait times are long all over, the ENTIRE cell industry is under going a transformation with ATT shutting down 3g service, Verizon shutting it down and CDMA and TMobile shutting down Sprint networks and updating the Sprint Customers.

The best way I have found with RedPocket is using my home computer and the "Chat" button. Yesterday I had to get a pin and account number to port some lines from RedPocket to T-Mobile so I clicked on the chat button and continued on my home computer while I had another screen open on RedPocket, it took 1 hour and 15 minutes to get around to me but once again, RedPocket was great and got me the information I needed.
To my surprise TMobile has been fast picking up the phone, maybe because it was the subject of an order I placed? That I dont know, their stores here have been packed at times with customers.
They have a great deal going on right now and why I am switching, Ill post on it once everything up and running. Just got the email with the tracking numbers this morning, sending me two new iPhone 13's at no cost (though Im giving them my iPhone XR and iPhone 11)

Last edited:
My LG phone is still receiving calls at home but that might be wifi.
Hmmmm ... I personally think it still is working. It takes time for them to shut down a network and from the quick read I just did, they are to start today but the entire network may not be completely shut down until May 31st.
Seems like it always takes carriers a long time, most likely to provide enough chances for people to switch. I mean cell phones can be life and death so they have to be able to show over and over how they kept warning people about the shut down. (just my theory as these things are always delayed and think this shut down was already delayed once ?) and ATT and Verizon many times.

I couldn't figure out what it was about Sprint that was shutting down. It's CDMA that's finally going away, so if you have a GSM capable phone you can keep using it.
Well, yes and no, 3G is also going away, so you will need an 4g/LTE phone or 4g/LTE/5g phone with all networks, 3g won't cut it any longer with any network.

Well, yes and no, 3G is also going away, so you will need an 4g/LTE phone or 4g/LTE/5g phone with all networks, 3g won't cut it any longer with any network.
A friend of mine is still in the ALARM!!! business and he has to change out all his customer accounts to 4G LTE radio modules. What a big inconvenience especially he’s retiring shortly he’s never worked so many hours getting these radios updated.

A friend of mine is still in the ALARM!!! business and he has to change out all his customer accounts to 4G LTE radio modules. What a big inconvenience especially he’s retiring shortly he’s never worked so many hours getting these radios updated.
OMG, we have been chasing out alarm radios for years now because of the "sunset" I actually REALLY enjoyed it. The reason being I was going into a home or business with a system set up though in many cases that also involved changing out the alarm panel too which I enjoyed.
The reason being it was most stress free as the customer already knew about their system so ti was more like a service even if it took time.
I can see if he owns the business and its his customers being stressed getting it all done.
I REALLY likes working with people and they knew it, service calls ect and systems with trouble they would ask for me to come to their business or home if they knew me. I was also the defacto trouble shooter for my company if after a few attempts to solve a problem by others it was still a problem.
I REALLY enjoyed it but it was extremely stressful at times as far as the work load.

(as I type this I am waiting for my new iPhone 13 form T mobile to finish updating and moving over my information from my Redpocket ATT iPhone XR. ))

Back