Recommend me a reliable petrol vw engine

I write it in the tread 15-20 usd . Thanks for suggestion but is too big for Europe.
With 1.9 diesel I would have problems with emissions in the near future , I drive it in a4 fast and economical.
Tiguan or Passat petrol, golf sportswagen 1.8 170 hp but the info is missing about reliability(oil drinking for instance).

In my opinion, the most reliable vehicles to own in terms of drivetrain reliability could be/should be a naturally aspirated(non-turbo) engine from HONDA, MAZDA or TOYOTA with a manual transmission. There, I said it! o_O
They are drastically different between NA and EU which complicates parts issues.
In EU they never had big breakthrough mostly bcs. they are really bad in complex engineering and they rust in that environment. It is actually achievement that Japanese manufacturers still have in EU body issues.

Thanks, for advice Skoda is nice car but I run away from diesels : I’m not driving a lot of miles. But interior is not so nice like Passat, Tiguan or golf. Like comparing golf with Audi A3 or Audi a 4.
My question was for American/ Canada petroleum engines and the experience from users in America. What I know that 2.5 with aisin is bulletproof combination, I have intention to import a car from us/Canada if I found one. The others new ones ea888 gen 3 are not known yet, I mean A guy from vw dealership told me: time will tell, wait 5-6 years and I can answer you:)
If you're from the EU you'll need to replace or rewire the tail lights, as they won't be legal. Keep in mind some vw products are Similar in the USA AND Europe. Can you import an Atlas? Built in Tennessee comfortable and can actually seat 7 adults.

Lol ok.

Which one did you have? There's more than one.
The late 1990s and early 2000.
What can I say it's 150hp, has to have premium gas and only got around 25mpg, had to have special euro spec oil and you better change it every 3,500 miles. I can just about get 20mpg with a 2wd Chevy Tahoe with regular gas and tow stuff.

2nd or 3rd generation Tiguan with the 2.0L TSI and Aisin 09 transmission. Cheap to buy. No powerhouse and middling fuel economy but reliable and easy to drive with good ergonomics and the typical German interior/build quality. Keep on top of the maintenance and a special eye towards the oil separator/egr device. Good bang for the buck and available with a Haldex AWD.

If you're from the EU you'll need to replace or rewire the tail lights, as they won't be legal. Keep in mind some vw products are Similar in the USA AND Europe. Can you import an Atlas? Built in Tennessee comfortable and can actually seat 7 adults.
Yep, that’s a legal requirement about the tail lights before registering. Like I said previously Atls or Touareg here is too big for find a parking place in the city.
Although a luxury, comfortable and the engine…..
By the way a respectful member in the forum have a proposal about 1.8 t 170 hp ea gen 3 but the previous one with 160 hp is notorious for drinking oil.

2nd or 3rd generation Tiguan with the 2.0L TSI and Aisin 09 transmission. Cheap to buy. No powerhouse and middling fuel economy but reliable and easy to drive with good ergonomics and the typical German interior/build quality. Keep on top of the maintenance and a special eye towards the oil separator/egr device. Good bang for the buck and available with a Haldex AWD.
Thanks a lot, it's in my shortlist. 2.0L Tsi and 211 hp?

Back