Recommend an oil to me... Pennz, M1, Castrol...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with your first inclination of PZ Gold 5w-20. Even if 0w-20 is specified by Lexus, who needs it in Florida? But I would move up to PZ Platinum and a Fram Ultra filter for two intervals.

Originally Posted By: mx5miata
I haven't seen supertech 0w20 at my local wally world

That’s odd considering that is a popular grade

How about Mobil 1?
wink.gif

You could try Amalie Elixer if you want to use something outside the norm.

I just bought a couple of Jugs of Castrol 0w-20 gold Jug on sale at Walmart in April for $17 a Jug it was a good sale so I picked it up. I'd probably buy more Castrol but their rebate suck I don't need hats or T-shirts. They had some Pennzoil on for $22 something a Jug but I passed I've already got my Pennzoil rebate. Keep your eyes open.

PP is on sale this month at Napa for $4.99/qt, plus there is an additional $2/qt rebate, making it only $15 for 5 quarts. Since it is the best price, that would be my choice
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
I just bought a couple of Jugs of Castrol 0w-20 gold Jug on sale at Walmart in April for $17 a Jug it was a good sale so I picked it up. I'd probably buy more Castrol but their rebate suck I don't need hats or T-shirts. They had some Pennzoil on for $22 something a Jug but I passed I've already got my Pennzoil rebate. Keep your eyes open.

You're entitled to 2 rebates per year.

Originally Posted By: oldhp
Pennzoil Platinum. Can buy it every where.......and you like it already. It has a proven track record.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: turnbowm

I thought my rebate on two Jugs was my two.

Originally Posted By: turnbowm

I thought my rebate on two Jugs was my two.

Actually you got two rebates, one for each jug.

If you're changing every 7K, Penz Gold is certainly robust enough for that. You can get it in 0W-20 too. But if you are leaning towards 5W-20, that is fine in FL. Pennzoil is one of my favorites and I've been mixing new 0W-20 with older 5W-20 from my stash. So I guess that means I have 2.5W-20 in there now. Try it, you"ll like it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back