Recently Purchased a 2018 VW GTI

Highway miles is the best case scenario and the darkness of the oil is from the DI and doesn’t reflect on the condition of the oil.
Long highway sessions help with fuel dilution and are mechanically easier than short trips stop and go driving

And yes I would go 5k oci with Mobil 1 esp 0w30

Highway miles is the best case scenario and the darkness of the oil is from the DI and doesn’t reflect on the condition of the oil.
Long highway sessions help with fuel dilution and are mechanically easier than short trips stop and go driving

And yes I would go 5k oci with Mobil 1 esp 0w30

I ended up going with Mobil 1 0w40.

To me, unless you are beating the crap out of these cars, the 0W20 is just fine.

To me, unless you are beating the crap out of these cars, the 0W20 is just fine.
I'm sure it is, but my car only calls for 502/505 which is 0w30/5w30 and 5w40 per the manual. I do beat on it hard when I can but it does get a lot of highway miles.

I'm sure it is, but my car only calls for 502/505 which is 0w30/5w30 and 5w40 per the manual. I do beat on it hard when I can but it does get a lot of highway miles.
Ah - yeah, the 508 was 2019 forward then. Just was a general comment about the 0W20 in these cars that folks seem scared of.

Back