Rebuilt Dodge Cummins 5.9, what oil, OCI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to a Shell distributor today and bought a pail of Rotella T 10W-30 for $82.12, which became $96.00 with enviro fees and sales taxes. I'll use this for winter in both my Dodge Ram and in my diesel subCUT John Deere tractor. I went to a Maxim dealer to check out Delo prices: a 4L jug of Delo LE 15W-40 is $19, a pail is $88.

So I'm really not finding any great deals on HDEO at any distributor or truck retailer except for the local independent's sale prices. Walmart dropped their price for pail of Rotella T 15W-40 to $75. Pinnacle Fleet Pro Ultra is on sale for $58 a pail right now. I checked a local Auto Value parts store and their prices were stupid, but they did have Klondike Lubricants which I wouldn't mind trying to support a small Canadian company. Canadian Tire has a pathetic HDEO selection here, the best being one pail of Delvac 1300 for $80. But FWIW I've decided on Rotella T until break-in is complete and then I'll switch to something different.

It's been rather entertaining checking out places I don't usually frequent, but for ease and convenience I think it's going to be Walmart or the local independent distributor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back