Realtors in Florida

I see a few builders in central Florida resorting to whole houses in the darker biege ceramic tile everywhere.
I hate that tile because it looks dirty and even yellowed when new.
Plus after awhile it's tough on the feet too...
It's cheap and coming from a builder afraid to step into something modern.

TH

My question is the insurance sweet spot 🤔
Palm Coast going west to Ocala.
Same house will be $8000 a year in PC. and insurance in Ocala will be near $1200.

So where in-between can you escape the hurricane rate?
For both safety and economy...
I'm in Brevard County on the West side of I95 so I don't even pay flood insurance. Look up Viera FL. Not Vero. The beaches are still only 15 mins away. The key is getting somewhere with a high elevation. I had a house on Merritt Island, direct water front but my finished floor elevation was 17ft abovbe sea leavel so I never had an issue.

I'm in Brevard County on the West side of I95 so I don't even pay flood insurance. Look up Viera FL. Not Vero. The beaches are still only 15 mins away. The key is getting somewhere with a high elevation. I had a house on Merritt Island, direct water front but my finished floor elevation was 17ft abovbe sea leavel so I never had an issue.
Many thanks...I will give it a look.

I just heard a realtor talking about how stupid people are buying in a down market like Florida. Was talking about the entire state. Hmm🤔

If you have the time the best deal is buy a lot and have one built. It saves a fortune especially if you have a rather older lot already paid for.

That said the beauty of being older is resale doesn't matter to an older home buyer especially a cash one.

I have a friend like myself that wants what he wants as far as an interior layout and exterior within reason of course and if your older so be it.

Joking of course but if you wanted a 6000 Sq ft house with just two bedrooms and you're older go for it.
When your dead and leave no heirs..so what...exaggerated of course but build what you like.
Age can be freeing..

I am seeing several YT realtors based in Florida bashing the state and real estate in general. Interesting...why? I have my own thoughts how about you?

I have never felt the realtor actually did enough work with respect to my house to earn the commission.

I am hoping the recent court case involving MLS knocks the commissions way down.

Lots of people become realtors when it's easy money and then drop out when the market is tight and few houses are selling.

I sold my condo on the beach in Naples Fl. back in the spring of 2021. I saw the writing on the wall as they say. It was multiple issues that woke me up that staying in Naples was going to cost me big time. I wish I had a Florida real estate license, and hadn't had to deal with the agents in the Naples area. The one I ended up with I should have tossed to the wind as they say she was a real piece of work. At first everything was great working with her until it came down to setting the selling price. She was trying to get me to low ball my property and I'm looking at her like are you nuts. I set my price and she became very annoyed saying that it was way over priced and I'm looking at her and thinking is their something wrong with this woman? I went into realtor.com and did a comparison with other condos for sale in a three block area and priced mine based on those COMPARABLE properties. Day one, it's up for sale and she has an offer by 10:00 AM for $50K less than asking, by noon she's coming back with another offer, $75K less. I laughed at both of them and she's telling me I better take them, I'm not going to get anything better. Three O'Clock rolls around and the phone rings she has another offer from a different agent at another real estate office. Full asking price, all cash and they want a 30 day close, I took it. That woman was yelling at me how these buyers were way over paying for my condo. *** you just got full asking, what are you so upset about? Then it hit me with the first two offers, she was working as a duel agent with a flipper. They flip the condo in six months and she gets another listing on the same property.

Then it gets worse, I went down two weeks before the closing to clean out the condo. I was selling it furnished, so I cleaned out all the personal belongings like bedding, towels, cloths, food in the refrigerator and cabinets. Well the day after the closing I get a call from my agent and she's not happy. She now complaining about all the things I took out of the condo. Well then it hit me again what a low life she was. You see all I took out of my condo that was sitting out, was two lamps, a small crescent glass top table and mirror worth about $600. I left probably close to $20K worth of furniture in the unit. What I think she she was really mad about was my grandmothers silver set of dinnerware, and a set of antique china that that was boxed up and buried in the back of a closet that I took with me. My grandmother had received both for her wedding in 1913. That woman must have gone through the condo looking for anything she could grab and sell for money, before the new owners showed up. You see the people who bought my condo lived on the other side of the country. They had never set foot in the property, they bought it on the pictures alone. The closing was done completely online.

I was so lucky to get out when I did, because 18 months later, hurricane Ian put the first floor under 10-12 feet of water. Taxes went up 25% at the end of 2021 and the HOA fees went through the roof as they say even before the hurricane. I was paying $1100 for homeowners insurance and now it's close to $3500. Naples was a really nice place to live but in the last ten years the quality of the people moving into the area was going down hill fast. Rosanne Barr said it best when she was married to Tom Arnold, "We're America's worst nightmare, white trash with money." I always thought I would end up retiring there and I'm so glad I sold the condo and got out. The new owners are paying around $45K a year between HOA Fees, Taxes and Insurance to own that property and it's their second home. Add to that the new state regulations involving condo building inspections and reserve funds begin January first 2024, it's only going to get more expensive to live in a condo in Florida.

I sold my condo on the beach in Naples Fl. back in the spring of 2021. I saw the writing on the wall as they say. It was multiple issues that woke me up that staying in Naples was going to cost me big time. I wish I had a Florida real estate license, and hadn't had to deal with the agents in the Naples area. The one I ended up with I should have tossed to the wind as they say she was a real piece of work. At first everything was great working with her until it came down to setting the selling price. She was trying to get me to low ball my property and I'm looking at her like are you nuts. I set my price and she became very annoyed saying that it was way over priced and I'm looking at her and thinking is their something wrong with this woman? I went into realtor.com and did a comparison with other condos for sale in a three block area and priced mine based on those COMPARABLE properties. Day one, it's up for sale and she has an offer by 10:00 AM for $50K less than asking, by noon she's coming back with another offer, $75K less. I laughed at both of them and she's telling me I better take them, I'm not going to get anything better. Three O'Clock rolls around and the phone rings she has another offer from a different agent at another real estate office. Full asking price, all cash and they want a 30 day close, I took it. That woman was yelling at me how these buyers were way over paying for my condo. *** you just got full asking, what are you so upset about? Then it hit me with the first two offers, she was working as a duel agent with a flipper. They flip the condo in six months and she gets another listing on the same property.

Then it gets worse, I went down two weeks before the closing to clean out the condo. I was selling it furnished, so I cleaned out all the personal belongings like bedding, towels, cloths, food in the refrigerator and cabinets. Well the day after the closing I get a call from my agent and she's not happy. She now complaining about all the things I took out of the condo. Well then it hit me again what a low life she was. You see all I took out of my condo that was sitting out, was two lamps, a small crescent glass top table and mirror worth about $600. I left probably close to $20K worth of furniture in the unit. What I think she she was really mad about was my grandmothers silver set of dinnerware, and a set of antique china that that was boxed up and buried in the back of a closet that I took with me. My grandmother had received both for her wedding in 1913. That woman must have gone through the condo looking for anything she could grab and sell for money, before the new owners showed up. You see the people who bought my condo lived on the other side of the country. They had never set foot in the property, they bought it on the pictures alone. The closing was done completely online.

I was so lucky to get out when I did, because 18 months later, hurricane Ian put the first floor under 10-12 feet of water. Taxes went up 25% at the end of 2021 and the HOA fees went through the roof as they say even before the hurricane. I was paying $1100 for homeowners insurance and now it's close to $3500. Naples was a really nice place to live but in the last ten years the quality of the people moving into the area was going down hill fast. Rosanne Barr said it best when she was married to Tom Arnold, "We're America's worst nightmare, white trash with money." I always thought I would end up retiring there and I'm so glad I sold the condo and got out. The new owners are paying around $45K a year between HOA Fees, Taxes and Insurance to own that property and it's their second home. Add to that the new state regulations involving condo building inspections and reserve funds begin January first 2024, it's only going to get more expensive to live in a condo in Florida.
I know that scam all too well.
You should have tossed her on her head... nothing but a swindler.

Many years ago my parents had the same issue. The realtor lined up a builder and the day before she told them they needed a drastic price reduction because she was setting a scam up with the builder.

It didn't work and later they got their asking price..Scum...

Of course i was joking but when I was in my early twenties my father and I did house flipping on the side and after a few houses I refused to deal with women realtors.
Of course this was long ago but I did not like the games they played. Can't say much more here but it was true in my case.

Lately I have had to deal with a few and it's been 50/50 like anything else.

I had a nut job internet manager that I had to deal with last .month when I bought my truck. She kept telling me she way more than a gorgeous young lady and on and on...she wasn't.. 😆

I took notice real quick that all the guys that worked there ignored her.
In the end I did too.

I had an Uber driver bring me home from Carmax once and that's why I like Carvana because they took an Uber to me. 👍
An older lady picked me up and had the attitude I was after her. Probably the same with everyone. All I wanted to do was to get home. Of course she drove a White Rogue...true...
For 25 minutes all I had to hear was my husband my husband...
So I started saying my wife my wife.. Enough already...

An older lady picked me up and had the attitude I was after her. Probably the same with everyone. All I wanted to do was to get home. Of course she drove a White Rogue...true...
For 25 minutes all I had to hear was my husband my husband...
So I started saying my wife my wife.. Enough already...
You took an Uber ride for 25 minutes once and the driver complained about her husband the whole time?

Bashing any industry, occupation, product, politician, person, neighbor, HOA is easy in a forum. There are always people with stories to tell. The good stories are never heard because people dont feel the need.
Then there are some people never happy about anything, just ask an X ;)

I met a sales associate in PC. Florida when I toured their model home about 7 years ago. They didn't have what I was after but we still keep in touch today.
She was a great lady and her husband just went through heart surgery and I alleviated some of her concerns as she was really worried.

When I go there she is still at the model home and we all get together and hang out.

But I did notice they have something I have interest in now and would not hesitate to go with them on a new house. Unlike many she is upfront and tells you how to get the most for your $$$ ...

I just saw Maronda Homes in
Merritt Island is providing homeowners insurance to their customers. Interesting development. A $700k home is being fully insured for $1489 a year.
Pretty amazing.

When my brother was looking for his first house in Orlando, he hired a real estate lawyer. Every document that any realtor put in front of him to sign, he had his lawyer review first.

After the lawyer reviewed the documents they looked like someone bled on it.
Yeah, lawyers tend to do that. IF the buyers are ok with it that is good. Otherwise I have seen many buyers lose the home of their dreams by over zealous attorneys. To the extent that some buyers are told this is the contract take it or leave it.
I have no problem with people listening to their attorney, I am just saying sellers or builders do not have to accept changes and some dont nor do they need to.

BTW- any document the realtor put in front of him, has nothing to do with the realtor. The realtor does not draw up contracts. They are not attorneys. They are the messenger. You make it sound like the realtor does something wrong and the attorney corrects it. 100% False that is like blaming the mailman for a document that you got in the mail.

Back