Realtors in Florida

Lots of folks can not afford a house with these rates even if house was ‘discounted’ .

Sellers might have to settle for less gains and dump property for whatever they can get.

Theres still cash buyers wanting lower prices and willing to wait on the sidelines.
Agreed and just maybe the out of state folks have realized the Florida dream is way too expensive given all the factors like insurance and property taxes and so on.

Yesterday I had an investment firm offer me a very good offer for a lot I have. Most are swindlers but these guys are paying basically what I would net after the realtor fees but I am on the fence as it is a premium lot but with a real loser across the street living with his parents.. guy is like 50 years old and often in jail...he may be the deciding factor.

I am like you...I am paying cash and want to build but if I see a new built house I have to have I'm going for it. I did enough house refurbs that I just don't want to do a complete refurb ever again but will sweat the new build details. I have already ruled out most builders.
I have my top three list and one that builds in volume but they are solid. I actually rented two of their houses prior while on vacation.

Bummer..I just watched a video tour of the northern Florida gold standard builder. I toured their homes in 2015.
A bunch of stuff shirts but they did impeccable builds.
To give you an idea they are a $500 plus sq. ft. Builder...

What they offered was builder grade and of poor and boring design. Nothing worked in this house at all. Even the interior decorator was a joke with bland design and overused wallpaper.

Very shocking. I need to research if the company was sold or family took over.. The bathrooms reeked of cheapness with boring tile and just above the shower head.

You want beyond top dollar for your house.
Clean the driveway. Curb appeal is what sucks in the buyers. The house outside is grubby too.
A new listing today.
drive h.JPG

I looked online at a new builder in Florida, and they had a real nice house they built and within 2 weeks
they dropped it by $14K. As a spec house I suspect they lowered it solely to get the $$$ back out.
Naming your price seems to have come to an end in Northern Florida.

I’m in south Florida and went with a well known builder in 2020 before the craziness. I got in low, at 2021 peaks my house gained probably 170k in estimated value. Based on recent sales my house is still up about 100k. The market isn’t dead in Florida (or at least my area) but I think it’s normalizing a bit. You should surely have more bargaining power than the last couple years. I still see the migrating trend, most of my neighbors are from NY/NJ or they cashed in and got out of Miami which still has bonkers prices. Good luck on your search and I think you’ll be happy here.

I used to live just north of ocala near Alachua. Ocala is still pretty rural but quickly growing. It’s actually really nice. I sometimes stayed at a golf resort there called golden ocala. Lots of natural springs nearby for recreation.

I used to take my folks to the Villages but that was way back in the early 80s when it was horse country and oak trees ..
Same as we had here. But down town then was pawn shops mostly...lol
I have a lady friend that is a realtor there and as you said it's hot right now. Small world..

I used to take my folks to the Villages but that was way back in the early 80s when it was horse country and oak trees ..
Same as we had here. But down town then was pawn shops mostly...lol
I have a lady friend that is a realtor there and as you said it's hot right now. Small world..

the fuggin Villages is a nightmare nowadays..
I remember back in the 90's it was just along US 27 and was basically some trailers parks and some old fart homes.
now it is a collection of every chain store and restaraunt the American economy has to offer as well as every medical facility an old fart needs.. but you are screwed if you aren't in that demographic as it aint the place for you.
nowadays the Villages stretches from US 27 all the way to Us 301 along the 466 corridor and is working its way to I 75.
the Belleview exit on the interstate is horrible now.

we used to have a house on 10 acres in Anthony, which is just north of Ocala east of 301. Nice up there still.. anywhere north of there on either side of I 75 is fine by my standards. I wouldn't move anywhere south of a line about 20 miles north of the 1 4 corridor if I was thinking of coming to FLA.

I expect in the near future The I 4 corridor will be one massive city that stretches from Daytona all the way to Tampa.
kinda like nowadays in SEFLA you can go from Stuart all the way to Homestead and never be out of the city.

Back