Real World Price of Havoline "Deposit Shield".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paid $2.29 at AutoZone. They had a whole big box of old 10w-30 taken from the shelf. I asked if it would be closed out. "She" is not exactly my favourite AA manager nor a "people person". Why pay even $1.55 when the new "good stuff" is only $.75c more?

Quote:

Havoline Deposit Shield is $2.56/qt, $11.48/5qt. jug at the local WalMart. It is now the highest priced dino oil on the shelf.

$2.56 at WM here in SC. Only 5qt jugs are the old Havoline at my WM, however.

AAP down here has Deposit Shield for $2.79 a quart or $18.60 for a case. I bet they haven't changed the price tag for the cases yet because that means a case is $1.55 a quart. Hmmm, I think I'm gonna have to go burst their bubble tomorrow when they try to charge me $30... haha

Pepboys is ridiculous. All the Synthetics (QS/PP/M1/RP) were $5.89 to $6.99 with M1/RP/Lucas all being the highest. They don't carry Havoline at Pepboys.

In my neck of the woods (N of Balto. MD), Wal-Mart has held the line and is selling Deposit Shield at $2.16/qt along side the old formula. Advance Auto cleared out all the old formula (never was on clearance when I stopped in) and increased the price to $2.78/qt. Unless AA puts it on sale I will be buying from WM.

Quote:

Was just in W-M. New Deposit Shield prices were as follows:
5w30 & 10w30 - $2.56/qt.
10w40 - $2.16/qt.
5 qt. jug - $11.56

If those prices show up here, I'm out. Man, first ex-Mobil now Havoline, I'm running out of favorites.
laugh.gif

$2.56/qt for havoline deposit shield at walmart is ridiculous. autozone is selling it for $2.29/qt. looks like walmart is distinguishing deposit shield and regular havoline. autozone isn't.

Quote:

Was just in W-M. New Deposit Shield prices were as follows:

5w30 & 10w30 - $2.56/qt.

10w40 - $2.16/qt.

5 qt. jug - $11.56

I was at Wal-mart yesterday. Didn't notice single quart prices. However, at the end of 2 aisles they had the different formulations of Havoline. On the Deposit Shield endcap, it was $11.56 for 5 qt jug. btw - this endcap faced the main walkway in front of automotive. On the endcap further back, they had the old formula Havoline $9.87 for a 5 qt jug.

Same here in Southern Illinois (Carbondale). It went from 6.90 for the 'old' formula to 11.48 for the new overnight.

It was my preferred oil for all our vehicles; not now. I'll do Pennzoil or Castrol gtx or perhaps even the trop artic at 1.68 per qt. I just wish it came in a 5 qt jug.

Quote:

Havoline Deposit Shield is $2.56/qt, $11.48/5qt. jug at the local WalMart. It is now the highest priced dino oil on the shelf.

Quote:

Same here in Southern Illinois (Carbondale). It went from 6.90 for the 'old' formula to 11.48 for the new overnight.

Unforgiveable! What the heck are they thinking? That sort of a price jack is, well unforgiveable!
mad.gif

At my local Wal Mart in Ohio, the price of deposit shield just went to $11.50 for the 5 quart jug. Are they kidding? This makes it the most expensive dino oil at WalMart. Time for me to switch brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back