REAL EURO CASTROL 5w-40 here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris, let me know if you want me to pick some up for you and send it to you - Joe

offtopic.gif
Chris, is Mustang Parts Specialties still in Winder? I used to buy a TON of stuff from them when I fixed up my 5.0 Mustang. They are huge in the mustang community. -Joe

SL8Brick, thanks for the info.
cheers.gif

Also welcome to the bobistheoilguy message board!
welcome.gif

[ November 27, 2003, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: Sin City ]

Ah HA!! i also just found the spec for it and from the looks of it it MAY be a Group II oil. the pour point is -51 C= about -31 F? heres the specs.

Kolor zielony
Lepkość w temp. 100° C 14,4 mm2 /s
Lepkość w temp. 40° C 95,3 mm2 /s
CCS w temp. -25° C 3400 m
Wskaźnik lepkości 156
Liczba zasadowa 10,2 mg KOH/g
Temp. płynięcia (Pour Point) - 51° C
Temp. zapłonu 226° C
Gęstość w temp. 15° C 856,0 kg/m3
Popiół siarkowy 1,2 % wag

Autoklimat - Sprzedaż samochodów - Serwis samochodów - Oferta

okay, sorry for the reposts but....

i take back the G III comment as on the same site i found the spoecs for GC SLX 0w-30 A3 spec and its pour point is -57 C. So........im guessing this new VAG diesel oil IS a real syn oil after all...

The "only" difference is that in case of the 505.01 5w-40 oil, it says that it's "based on synthetic technology," which in their general spiel means that it's a synthetic blend. Whereas in the case of GC 0w-30 (SLX), they say it's fully synthetic.

This comes from the description part of these oils from the Polish Castrol website - the same one from which you quoted the specs above.

Cheers,

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. T:
But, I thought it was the GTX-Magnatec as this is the Euro. 5-40 (TXT Softec is 5-30) and is a group III as it is labelled H.C. in Eur.. Can someone confirm this?

Well, the 505.01 5w-40 is not the same as GTX Magnatec 5w-40 because the specs are somewhat different, but also the GTX Magnatec does not have any specific engine manufacturer certifications such as VW, GM, or MB.

Moreover, Castrol claims that Magnatec 5w-40 is fully synthetic, whereas 505.01 5w-40 just seems to be "based on synthetic technology", whatever the heck that means.
dunno.gif

Yes, we know the Syntec 5-40 is "made in BELGIUM" and this is in Europe....

But, I thought it was the GTX-Magnatec as this is the Euro. 5-40 (TXT Softec is 5-30) and is a group III as it is labelled H.C. in Eur.. Can someone confirm this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back