Ready go fuel addtive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just seen an infomercial for Ready GO fuel addtive.
They bragged about how everything runs better with it.
It had the same money back guarantee as some other product. It also has undergone "extensive testing".

Should I order some? I didn't get the #.. Did anyone else see the infomercial

FP is tried and true. There's lots of Johnny-come-lately additives with the same money back guarantee thingy. Pass on it and use Fuel Power.

Ive used FP60, and have FP60. But I'm not sure why you guys are telling me to use FP60.
I asked if anyone has USED this particular product.. Not for you guys to say FP60 is better when you've done NO comparison testing.
Theres pleny of FP60 threads why must you turn this into one?

I like FP and really like Neutra, that said most additives are snakeoil, but you can't blidly lable all other additives as such till each one is tested.

One bottle to one gallon and it costs $19.95 for two bottles plus $7.50 shipping
shocked.gif
bit rich for me.

Their website has a lot of typos.

Anyway...it seems to just be a generic mix of oxyegenates and alcohols. Just like most OTC fuel claners.

Their biggest claim is cutting carbon monoxide...yeah it will because of the oxygenates. More oxygenates generally cleaner burning...hence why california gas is more oxygenated then the other states.

how can aything make a two stroke run cleaner?ans isn't alcohol rough on plastic ,rubber lines?just my thoughts.

Pretty much anything gas powered since sometime in the 80s should be alcohol ready as federal regulations from back then required all cars to be capable of running 10% ethanol. Cars are hat drives the gasd market and regulations so everything would have been forced to follow suit.

That said as their website notes alcohol burns coler they claim this makes the engine run cooler and better but an internal combustion engine is all about using heat to drive expansion of the gasses in the chambers and drive the piston, less heat equals less power unless other things can be optomized. Like in cars a slightly lower temp stat can allow for leaner fueling and more aggressive timing curves which can in the end make it more powerful than it was with a higher temp stat but that retuning is required and I don't see people timing and rejetting lawn equipment.

I don't have anything good to try it in right now.
Grass is mostly dead. Havent been riding the atv.
dunno.gif

The key to good fuel economy and a smooth running engine is finding a good fuel system cleaner combined with the best gasoline you can find.

To start, you need to add a known good fuel system cleaner and the best on the market is BG 44K™ and if you can't find that product, then Chevron Techron™ would be your next best choice (with Chevron Techron™, multiple applications would need to be applied to achieve the same results as a single 11oz application of BG 44K™).

I should state I don't work for BG Products and I don't deal with opinions either, I can't afford it. To save time, my statement about BG 44K™ is based on the results of lab & field testing by General Motors engineering, Chevron Oronite, and Ford engineering and I've had the engineers at Chevron Oronite tell me, face to face, that BG 44K™ is simply the best product of its type period, even better than their own Techron™! I am a consultant for the service departments of new car dealerships, independent repair facilities, and fleet operations and when I give them advice, I have to know that what I say is absolutely fact based.

Once you've applied an application of BG 44K™, then you will want to stay with a low ethanol content fuel (Top Tier rated fuels are going to be the lowest in ethanol). If you operate with a Top Tier rated fuel, then applying BG 44K™ every 7,500 to 10,000 mile intervals will be more than sufficient at keeping your entire fuel system and combustion chamber clear of all fuel related deposits.

Ethanol has a 40% lower BTU rating than gasoline, by themselves, so the higher the ethanol content, the less efficient the fuel is. You may think you're saving money by buying fuel that's cheaper at the pump, but in the end you may be increasing your fuel cost without realizing it. I've seen the test results (real world) where a vehicle was driven 635 miles on Chevron 87 and then the same vehicle was driven an additional 635 miles on ARCO 87 and even though the ARCO fuel was 17 cents per gallon cheaper at the pump, the fuel cost to run those 635 miles was $14 dollars lower with Chevron. (the ethanol content of the Chevron was 9% whereas the ARCO fuel was 12%)

quote:

Originally posted by Bearracing:
The key to good fuel economy and a smooth running engine is finding a good fuel system cleaner combined with the best gasoline you can find.

To start, you need to add a known good fuel system cleaner and the best on the market is BG 44K™ and if you can't find that product, then Chevron Techron™ would be your next best choice (with Chevron Techron™, multiple applications would need to be applied to achieve the same results as a single 11oz application of BG 44K™).

I should state I don't work for BG Products and I don't deal with opinions either, I can't afford it. To save time, my statement about BG 44K™ is based on the results of lab & field testing by General Motors engineering, Chevron Oronite, and Ford engineering and I've had the engineers at Chevron Oronite tell me, face to face, that BG 44K™ is simply the best product of its type period, even better than their own Techron™! I am a consultant for the service departments of new car dealerships, independent repair facilities, and fleet operations and when I give them advice, I have to know that what I say is absolutely fact based.

Once you've applied an application of BG 44K™, then you will want to stay with a low ethanol content fuel (Top Tier rated fuels are going to be the lowest in ethanol). If you operate with a Top Tier rated fuel, then applying BG 44K™ every 7,500 to 10,000 mile intervals will be more than sufficient at keeping your entire fuel system and combustion chamber clear of all fuel related deposits.

Ethanol has a 40% lower BTU rating than gasoline, by themselves, so the higher the ethanol content, the less efficient the fuel is. You may think you're saving money by buying fuel that's cheaper at the pump, but in the end you may be increasing your fuel cost without realizing it. I've seen the test results (real world) where a vehicle was driven 635 miles on Chevron 87 and then the same vehicle was driven an additional 635 miles on ARCO 87 and even though the ARCO fuel was 17 cents per gallon cheaper at the pump, the fuel cost to run those 635 miles was $14 dollars lower with Chevron. (the ethanol content of the Chevron was 9% whereas the ARCO fuel was 12%)

This product is for small offroad engines.
I guess I shoulda put it in the lawn mower forum
dunno.gif

I'm sure I could use BG44 in my lawn mower every 7,500-10,000 miles if I could figure out how many hours that would be.

[ August 21, 2005, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: 04SpecV ]

hahahahahah

gets me thinking about calculating milage on a lawn mower... as if anyone should really give a care- you can buy a new one for a couple hundred bucks and use it for 10 years on the original factory fill oil change. lol. My mom has an old toro that's almost 20 years old now... the same toro that I used when I was age 11-14 to mow yards in the neighborhood... For those 3 years, it mowed 10+ yards a week... In all it's life I bet it hasn't had the oil changed more than 5 times. It still runs beautifully... idles perfect, runs smooth, no noticable power difference. amazing mower, lol. I bet it'll still be there mowing her yard a decade from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back