Raybestos Element E3 vs Akebono brake pads

I have a 2013 Ford Edge and I'm replacing my front brakes, I will be using, the Raybestos Element E3 Rotors, and I'm contemplating those two brake pads.. I have heard a lot about the Akebono brake pads.

Thank you.

I liked my akebono but they did need ground down they wouldnt fit on the subaru without grinding the ears pretty severely.
if you have a 2013 and its never needed brakes.. I'd probably cough up for the ford brake pads too.

Next question is there a difference between motorcraft from rockauto vs dealer?

I liked my akebono but they did need ground down they wouldnt fit on the subaru without grinding the ears pretty severely.
if you have a 2013 and its never needed brakes.. I'd probably cough up for the ford brake pads too.

Next question is there a difference between motorcraft from rockauto vs dealer?
Motorcraft is cheaper at RockAuto..

I liked my akebono but they did need ground down they wouldnt fit
Same experience on a Ford Edge. After about 6 months with new Akebono pads my daughter complained about her brakes squeaking while driving around town. I took them apart again and found nothing wrong except the pads were pretty tight in the shims. After filing the tabs down a little so that the pads could move around freely the squeaks are gone. The pads showed barely any wear at all.

Since doing all that I've seen some of the youtube instructional videos on brakes and apparently it isn't uncommon to have to grind the ears a bit to get a good fit. I had just never run into that before.

Akebono pads and Bosch quiet cast rotors are my go to combo these days. I like the feel of the Akebonos and they are practically dust free.

But back to the OP question - The Raybestos E3 line has a lot of favorable opinions from some very knowledgeable and well respected fellow Bitoggers. I haven't tried them yet but based on the Bitog poll I'm planning to at some point.

Akebono is US made and is an OEM supplier to a lot of the North American manufacturers so they have that going for them. They do seem to always be at the 90 percentile level on price though.

But before learning about those 2 brands I had a GMC truck with such terrible brakes that I was planning to go all out and order AC DELCO OEM pads from the dealer whatever the cost just to try to fix it. But then at the last minute I decided to gamble on Rock Auto's "OE Performance" AC DELCO pads and they have worked just fine. I would consider the "OE Performance" option at to be a viable alternative as well.

I think all your options are good ones and you will be pleased with the outcome which ever way you go.

Back