Time for front brakes..

I tried plenty of high carbon and cryo'd rotors. My only recommendation will be coated rotors to avoid rust. Don't bother cryo. And, if you have tinnitus, the carbon damped rotors might prevent some noise.

I believe the tolerance on some brands is a little tighter with their premium offerings. So, the better offerings might be more true. I just won't use or recommend some of the lesser brands. Bosch, Raybestos, Wagner, Fremax... haven't wronged me yet. I won't say the same for a few of the other and some overhyped discount brands, or the 'reboxers' that don't manufacturer anything but have a full line of parts. I also haven't seen too many OE rotors cause issues. So, parts from your stealership is always an option.
Thanks 👍 I really appreciate it ☺️

I tried plenty of high carbon and cryo'd rotors. My only recommendation will be coated rotors to avoid rust. Don't bother cryo. And, if you have tinnitus, the carbon damped rotors might prevent some noise.

I believe the tolerance on some brands is a little tighter with their premium offerings. So, the better offerings might be more true. I just won't use or recommend some of the lesser brands. Bosch, Raybestos, Wagner, Fremax... haven't wronged me yet. I won't say the same for a few of the other and some overhyped discount brands, or the 'reboxers' that don't manufacturer anything but have a full line of parts. I also haven't seen too many OE rotors cause issues. So, parts from your stealership is always an option.
For the little bit of driving I do, I should probably, be good, with Raybestos E3 along with their coated rotors I would think. But maybe for longativity, I should go with their high carbon rotors?

Anything with my braking system is purchased from the dealer. Yep, even the brake fluid. Even the rubber plugs over the
bleeder tubes. Even the Toyota 3 greases. And I don't get the less expensive Toyota pads that are made to compete with the big box pads.

It is interesting that they have 2 grades of Toyota brake pads...

Anything with my braking system is purchased from the dealer. Yep, even the brake fluid. Even the rubber plugs over the
bleeder tubes. Even the Toyota 3 greases. And I don't get the less expensive Toyota pads that are made to compete with the big box pads.

It is interesting that they have 2 grades of Toyota brake pads...
Typically I buy everything motorcraft I don't with oil and oil filter I buy wix filters. Brakes I'm up in the air on, I don't like the rusty rotors look. LOL

Brakes I'm up in the air on, I don't like the rusty rotors look.
I have Raybestos Element 3 rotors on all three cars at our house. 2 of the 3 also have the E3 pads (2008 G35 and 2014 Fusion) and we have zero complaints. You generally can't go wrong with well-known brands of pads but always (IMO) stay with the premium grade. This applies to auto parts store brand pads as well. I do wish I hadn't put Wagner OEX pads (with Raybestos rotors) on one of our cars because the dust is terrible. They stop just fine, feel good and smooth, etc though. I've considered swapping them (only a year old) with Raybestos pads and leaving the rotors alone....

I have Raybestos Element 3 rotors on all three cars at our house. 2 of the 3 also have the E3 pads (2008 G35 and 2014 Fusion) and we have zero complaints. You generally can't go wrong with well-known brands of pads but always (IMO) stay with the premium grade. This applies to auto parts store brand pads as well. I do wish I hadn't put Wagner pads (with Raybestos rotors) on one of our cars because the dust is terrible. I've considered swapping them (only a year old) with Raybestos pads and leaving the rotors alone....
On RockAuto, I think the Raybestos E3 coated rotors and pads are like $126. You go to Napa or Manlove, and get that same setup your paying about $300.

Back