Time for front brakes..

Time for front brakes.. 13 Ford Edge SEL
I will be purchasing Raybestos coated brake rotors, with pads do you recommend, Raybestos element 3 or Bendix premium copper free brake pads?
Thank you..

Last edited:
The Raybestos E3 pads are getting popular on here :)

Another good option is EBC Ultimax2 "Blackstuff". Amazing performance, dust similar to OE, no noise.

Depends on vehicle and driving style.... year/make/model...

Delaware? If they drive the same as those in NJ or DC, you'll want a full metallic pad with a side of asbestos.
Don't do a whole lot of driving, occasionally trips down to South Carolina.. 13 Ford Edge

Hawk LTS from tirerack with their Bosch Quietcast rotors

Wagner OEX or Raybestos EHT from rockauto along with Raybestos highcarbon rotors

Are you talking about these?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221017-181943.jpg
    Screenshot_20221017-181943.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 25
Rockauto sorts rotors... standard, fully coated, high performance...... Find the "high carbon" list in rotors and Raybestos rotors will be listed there, along with others.

I

Which one is a better brake pad, Hawk Wagner, Raybestos or should I just go with, OEM? Or are these pads above OEM quality?

Better depends on what your expectations are.... all the OE pads that my new cars have come with were pathetic. I don't buy oe pads ever.

As such, read about the pads and make your own choice.

Better depends on what your expectations are.... all the OE pads that my new cars have come with were pathetic. I don't buy oe pads ever.

As such, read about the pads and make your own choice.
But no matter what my choice is, go with a high carbon rotor am I correct? By the way thank you for taking the time to copy all them. I really appreciate that.. but with aftermarket, don't I have to be concerned, with them being comparable with friction and temperature?

I tried plenty of high carbon and cryo'd rotors. My only recommendation will be coated rotors to avoid rust. Don't bother cryo. And, if you have tinnitus, the carbon damped rotors might prevent some noise.

I believe the tolerance on some brands is a little tighter with their premium offerings. So, the better offerings might be more true. I just won't use or recommend some of the lesser brands. Bosch, Raybestos, Wagner, Fremax... haven't wronged me yet. I won't say the same for a few of the other and some overhyped discount brands, or the 'reboxers' that don't manufacturer anything but have a full line of parts. I also haven't seen too many OE rotors cause issues. So, parts from your stealership is always an option.

Back