RANT! Subway Sandwiches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not defending Subway but just stating that weights are common.

Clearly Subway needs to PSO (Price vs. Size Optimization) their products...

Quote:
Quiznos on the other hand is awful. i ate there once and regret that time. If Q goes out of business I won't miss a thing.

Really? The ones around here are excellent.

John

I am surprised no one has mentioned Publix's sandwiches. They are very good and are a better value that Subway IMO. There is Jimmy Johns too...

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
Didn't mean it as a response to your post. It just happened to be the last one...
Sorry
cheers3.gif

Wow, my thread comes back! I guess I get to update it then....I started working at my wife's school about 3 months ago. I went to that same Subway every day for 2 weeks to try to build a bond with the same RUDE girls that were there when we moved into town a year and a half ago.

Then one day the chick charges me $5.89 with tax for a $5 meal (should have been like $5.40 with tax...remember I bought the same meal for two weeks straight). I tell her she overcharged me, and I would like the difference refunded. She says "No, you got the meal and it is extra for the chips/drink". I tell her, "NO, the sign above your head says differently and I've been getting the same meal and price as shown on the menu for the past two weeks."

She gets a real bad attitude with me, and I say "FINE, then I am not interested in your sandwich. Please give me a refund." as I left the sandwich in her hand at the register. She says, "No, we made it and you already paid for it, I'm not giving you a refund!". I tell her, "Listen, you've already overcharged me and now are arguing with me, just give me a refund and I won't come back again." She says, "Nope!".

4 phone calls to Subway corporate and 2 calls to my bank to issue a chargeback, and things are still not resolved. Subway says that the owner called me but I "refused to answer my phone" (their words). The bank (Chase) says Subway said I ate the sandwich and wanted my money back...even though the sandwich never actually touched my hands at the register, and I left hungry and mad.

So screw 'em. Noone at our work will go across the street and eat there, and we go out of our way to tell people not to go there, or any other Subway franchise that the owner also maintains.

We go to Schlotzky's, where the owner actually works there nearly every hour of the day and is VERY FRIENDLY and cares about her business.

Schlotzky's sucks. JMO. Tastes like dirt to me. I used to have a friend who worked at one that would give me free sandwiches. I'd go across the street to Quiznos and pay.

I thought Schlotzky's only existed in the movie, "Office Space". I did not know they were real.
45.gif

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
Schlotzky's sucks. JMO. Tastes like dirt to me. I used to have a friend who worked at one that would give me free sandwiches. I'd go across the street to Quiznos and pay.

....and our friendship ends with that post hahahaha. I won't let my wife see it over my shoulder....shhh! It'll be our little secret!

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
What I think is most funny about subway is that their parent company is "Doctor's Associates" so you know it's got to be healthy food.

What kind of doctors are they? They could be **** doctors (I can't spell "proctologist").

No offense to those members who are doctors....
cheers3.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tom slick
Originally Posted By: CharlieJ
I thought Schlotzky's only existed in the movie, "Office Space". I did not know they were real.
45.gif

Isn't that who StevieC works for?
28.gif

We don't have those in Canada, or at least I haven't seen any.
wink.gif

NOT TELLING ANYONE WHO I WORK FOR!
grin2.gif

I want this to be a peaceful place I can have fun and enjoy and chat with friends I have made.

I don't want to carry work and discussions about work in here. I spend enough time "working" for my brand and it's nice just to turn it off when I get home.

Originally Posted By: paulo57509
What kind of doctors are they? They could be **** doctors (I can't spell "proctologist").

No offense to those members who are doctors....
cheers3.gif

Use Firefox it has built in spell check for the posts here... Trust me mine would be way worse without it as I grew up with the rest of the Microsoft Word Generation.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back