Radioactive boy scout - death wish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy must have a death wish. He got a merit badge in the boy scouts for an atomic energy project where he actually tried to build a viable reactor. Now he's in the news again for stealing smoke detectors for the radioactive material inside. What a nutcase!

Link to news article

More about the radioactive boyscout. This one includes a good picture that gives a pretty good indication of why you shouldn't mess with radioactive substances.

I had a dream once when I was young of the world's end. I heard a thunderous noise and walked outside in the cool night air, the frogs were not croaking, the crickets were not chirping...bright flash of light...

Quote:

I had a dream once when I was young of the world's end. I heard a thunderous noise and walked outside in the cool night air, the frogs were not croaking, the crickets were not chirping...bright flash of light...

Only in a dream would the sound arrive before a flash....maybe the saying goes; if you hear it, today may not be your last day on earth.

there were multiple low-yield nuclear warheads...heard one before I saw the others...watched thermometer jump from 89 to 115 in about ten seconds...luckily blasts were 2 to 1.8 miles away...

Quote:

there were multiple low-yield nuclear warheads...heard one before I saw the others...watched thermometer jump from 89 to 115 in about ten seconds...luckily blasts were 2 to 1.8 miles away...

But you are still alive......small.....

When and where was this?

Quote:

pretty stupid if he thinks that he could initiate and sustain a nuclear fission reaction with americium

I thought the stupidity was obvious just looking at his face.
crazy.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back