Racing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
im a little late but id like to add:

1. i love watching road racing. cart, the old imsa gtp racing series, formula one, and now the speed gt and touring championship.

2. ive only participated in drag racing but i wish to do some auto-x and road racing once i get my cars suspension and brakes upgraded.

3. my favorite racer of all time is bobby rahel. i liked teo fabi, but thats b/c he drove the porsche indy car. milt minter (former vasek polak can-am driver) is also one of my favorite drivers since still drives fast at such an old age. he drove my dads porsche at a couple of POA events.

4. since i discovered this site, it doesnt matter what oil co. is on the side of a race car.

btw, i think speed channel sucks during the racing season and the programs they feature during the off-season is much better. i enjoyed watching nascar much better when they were on espn.

i used to do some bracket racing at the now defunct detroit dragway, and also at a little 1/8 mile track near van wert ohio.
grin.gif

Mark Webber driving F1 Jag ran 3rd fastest lap after the two Ferrari's. Local Queanbeyan/Canberra lad started career at Canberra kart track where I now race. He has potential!

I just got a little taste of NASA HPDE at a local hyper-fest, I'm definately wanting more.
smile.gif

-

Sorry about the huge pic, it's just sooo cool, i gotta post it everywhere!
gr_stretch.gif
grin.gif

[ May 21, 2003, 04:14 AM: Message edited by: Neonmike22 ]

quote:

Originally posted by Bror Jace:
Did anyone else catch the Formula One race over the weekend?

Yes, great race. People will say what they will about MS but it takes a huge pair to just sit there when your car is on fire while its being refueled. Then he just takes off like nothing happened and wins the race. Amazing composure...

Edit: I agree Webber has been very impressive this season. Last season Jag was back fighting with Minardi and now they're capable of challenging the top teams. They definately get my vote for "Most Improved". Now if they could just do something with Jungle Boy...

[ May 21, 2003, 04:45 AM: Message edited by: Soma07 ]

So I take it no one else is going to be at Lime Rock Park this coming Monday?

Anybody? Anybody?
confused.gif

Bueller? Bueller?
confused.gif

--- Bror Jace

I finally got around to watching the SCCA World Challenge races at Infineon Raceway in California this past weekend. The coverage started with some bad news.
frown.gif

Jerome A. Zimmemran, crewchief of the Realtime team was killed on July 22 while riding his motorcycle to work. You can see a few biographical details and pictures of him at realtimerl.com

I spent more than a few minutes talking with Jerome at Limerock on Memorial Day in 2002. I didn't know who he was at the time. I figured he was just another member of the team taking a break from all the work involved with a national racing team. In fact, he was a key member of their organization.

This year's race at Limerock was a washout (POURING rain!) and everyone was under tents, etc ... trying to get work done and keep dry so the atmosphere wasn't nearly as relaxed/casual. I wasn't able to speak with any of the racers like I did the previous year.

Neat guy. Sorry to hear that he's gone.

--- Bror Jace

quote:

Originally posted by Bror Jace:

I’ll start this off by saying that I LOVE racing, nearly all types. People (often women in my office) ask me “What’s the point? They drive for over a hundred miles and never get anywhere!” Well, when asked about art, the response is that art is its own excuse for being. Well, I think of racing the same way. Man & machine vs. man & machine IS the point!
grin.gif

Hi,

I wish F1 was bigger in this country.

As for women and racing, it's like us guys
and "The English Patient" or some other bad chick
flick.

Racing is our thing. It's loud, it's
fast and it's dangerous.

grin.gif

Jae

#1 Sports Car racing
#2 Formula 1

and prefer venues that incorporate public roads into the course

Favorite Tracks

Monaco
Le Mans
Spa Francorchamps
Long Beach
Road Atlanta

[ August 11, 2003, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

The 43rd anuual Knoxville Nationals starts tomorrow 13th August and I'd give my right arm to be there. To be able to watch 'king' Kinser, Lasoski and Schatz throwing slide jobs at each other would be something else. Oh well maybe oneday!!

Just back from NHRA Nationals and I want to say thanks to a few lurkers here that may read this.

Boats Unlimited, J.M., who is prepping a APBA off shore race boat with Dyson Analysis providing the lube feedback. I enjoyed spending Saturday with someone my age !

J.M from RP for the offer of food ! Tell Dave C. to get back to work!

Bill Kent and Dean Howerton of the Pennzoil Comp Eliminator dragster fame, for a tough and short season, hope Shell treats you right next year.

VP racing fuels Brad Horton for taking the time to talk to me about your lubes when you are a fuels guy ! I'll be in touch with D.M.

Top fuel is fun when you can feel and breath the power !

Synergyns reps who I've missed since 98 when you sponsored our Road Racing venture. Hope that you guys keep moving back to the spotlight where the products deserve to be. Get Mike or Jerry back out on the road ! Put that old Amsoil chemist K.K. to work blasting past the industry like you did in the late 80's.

Finally Bob, I told you not to use that "friction reducer in the RP racing thin weights. The cost was the nationals showing and the engine. A $35 analysis would have saved that issue. Oh by the way I still have your radios at half price !

Terry

Sprintman, just that we did some preliminary testing for a race team and it has been mostly positive. Looks like a veggie based ester formulation. Very little traditional organometallic stuff and seems to work quite nicely in daily drivers. Extremely Vis stable/shear resistant.

Very aggressive R&D that is ongoing in-house with real engines instead of test screens !

I am in the midst of examining the products and will share more as I can.

Anyone runing the products that is willing to share your experience with their oils please post or if proprietary send me a email.

This may be the next neato lube find for my customers. The formula "seems " to be way ahead of the pack in testing and cutting edge components utilization.

TD

[ October 13, 2003, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: Terry ]

Yes, but the Diester theory of formulation they use is fairly well understood and in racing everyone wants the proverbial leg up!

If Amsoil had hung with the earlier Diesters they would be a bit more successful in racing IMHO.

MRC01, I have heard from some that the 24 Hours of Daytona is just, if not MORE brutal than LeMans. I think it had something to do with using part of that banked oval.
dunno.gif

LeMans is just not the same without the Mulsanne Straight (minus those silly chicanes).
tongue.gif

As for torture, it's hard to beat the Dakkar Rally. I heard a rumor that Colin McCrash will be in this year's Dakkar. Mad Man has to do something as he was bumped from WRC due to a rule change which limits the numbers of champions on each team.
frown.gif

Changing diapers versus changing tires? Hmmm ... thanks, but I'll stick with the automotive stuff. Both are dirty work but I love the smell of burned rubber a lot more.
wink.gif

--- Bror Jace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back