Mobil 1 and GM Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

ExxonMobil today announces the 11th year of its technical partnership with reigning American Le Mans Series (ALMS) champions General Motors (GM) Corvette Racing team and further support of GM’s Cadillac, Pontiac and Cobalt race teams.

The six-time ALMS championship winning Corvette team will continue to only use Mobil 1 lubricants in all engine and gearbox preparations, something it has chosen to do since the team’s formation in 1996. The Corvette team holds Mobil 1 products in such high regard it recommends them for use by other race teams who purchase Corvette Racing cars each season.

Quote:

For the 2007 season, as part of a two-year deal, ExxonMobil will support official GM teams in the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) Speed World Challenge; drift racing and NHRA (National Hot Rod Association) championship. Cadillac Racing, Pontiac Solstice Racing and Cobalt Racing teams respectively will use Mobil 1 lubricants and fuels. Mobil 1 branding will appear on all race cars, drivers’ suits, support vehicles and in GM’s advertising and promotional material.

Obviously not the same M1 you buy at Walmart. Lot of marketing and buying power I'm sure. They have made M1 such a name.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site...iewID=news_view

That's why I stopped using Valvoline, Mobil, and Havoline. They were all too concerned with making this team or that team happy and forgot about the consumer.
mad.gif
liar.gif

Yeah it's most likely a speciality oil. I hope its not the same as the retail version. LOL.

Quote:

Most oil companies that are into racing offer a racing oil.
I'm sure Mobil-1 has race version(s) of its oil.

Mobil did have a 0W-30 racing oil. They discontinued it. High cost, no advertising, and marginal distribution are not the ways to sell something.

I still have about 30 quarts of it in my stash.

Mobil-1 suggests their 0W-40 for very high output engines.
No mention of racing oil on their website.
It still makes sense that they formulate a specialty oil for their 'special' friends that carry their banner in racing.

Quote:

Quote:

Most oil companies that are into racing offer a racing oil.
I'm sure Mobil-1 has race version(s) of its oil.

Mobil did have a 0W-30 racing oil. They discontinued it. High cost, no advertising, and marginal distribution are not the ways to sell something.

I still have about 30 quarts of it in my stash.

Is this M1 R?? Or is that something brand new/just out now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back