Quinn Tool Kit

Hi.

Long story short. My tools were stolen this past weekend.

I just picked up a Quinn Master Tech Tool set. After checking HD, etc.... none of their tool kits are currently on sale, nor probably will be until Father's Day.

Prior to my opening this, are Quinn considered to be decent for a the occasional DYI job ?

The kit was 399; There are 428 pieces to it.

Wasn't planning on spending that, but the Husky kits aren't reasonable right now.

Thanks.

My “at home” line wrenches are Quinn branded from Harbor Freight. I’ve been quite impressed with them so far. Better than I expected that’s for sure. Although I paid significantly more for them than I expected from HF. The price was right in line with buying a set from the parts store.

Yes, its about par or a little below gearwrench from a few comparisons I've looked at. i've mistakenly dismissed Quinn in the past.

Overall it looks like a great set. Not sure I'd trust the hex keys and the 8" all-sixteenths looks a bit depressing. The ratchets look kinda pedestrian and reviews say the selector is "backwards", but it still looks like a great value.

Thanks for the input. Just went with it. Had an overdue oil change tonight.
Saw reviews on HF, they all seemed positive; even a few guys that were using them while starting out as mechanics.

For what I need, it will do well. Ratchets are a bit short, but actually feel smooth. Like having ratcheting wrenches...

It's amazing how the pricing on Husky tools vary by season. Those large kits are a steal, when they go on sale.

When I was in school the Quinn line was pretty new but the sockets were really nice. We got a bunch of the kits. A few people on YouTube said they were made in the same factory as Kobalt from Lowe’s. They should be fine tools at least the sockets. Not familiar with their ratchets or anything.

Thanks for the input. Just went with it. Had an overdue oil change tonight.
Saw reviews on HF, they all seemed positive; even a few guys that were using them while starting out as mechanics.

For what I need, it will do well. Ratchets are a bit short, but actually feel smooth. Like having ratcheting wrenches...

It's amazing how the pricing on Husky tools vary by season. Those large kits are a steal, when they go on sale.
Those large kits arent great.

Long ago, my wife/fiancee gave me a big Craftsman set. USA made, standard craftsman tools, all sizes in 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2, ratchets, all wrenches, allens. Great, and likely not too $$$.

I was given a Husky set by someone maybe two years ago. Half the sockets in the set are either 1/4 or 3/8 drive. Its so annoying. Nowhere near as complete or useful as my Craftsman set, yet takes up about the same shelf space. Maybe a little shorter. Not worth it... but cant look a gift horse in the mouth...

While I get it that for $400, you might only get a decent ratchet and deep/shallow 3/8 of quality US made tools... if youre not doing a ton of work, its probably all that's needed.

That is a nice and complete set. It doesn't skip sizes like most other sets do. Great start to rebuilding your tool collection. Sorry about your loss and hope the person who stole your tools gets his due.

Back