Quickstrut for Camry

@supton, mate, go with OE Toyota struts. Sparkparts.com has one of the lowest prices for Toyota parts.

I find it hard to understand why some people seek out questionable and oftentimes definitively inferior aftermarket parts such oil/ air filters, struts and so on, when a definitively higher quality OE is available for, oftentimes, not that much more.

How much $ are the KYB or Monroes vs Toyota?

@supton, mate, go with OE Toyota struts. Sparkparts.com has one of the lowest prices for Toyota parts.

I find it hard to understand why some people seek out questionable and oftentimes definitively inferior aftermarket parts such oil/ air filters, struts and so on, when a definitively higher quality OE is available for, oftentimes, not that much more.

Toyota doesn't make OEM quick struts. Only Honda and Ford offer quick struts from the dealer. Mando makes OE quick struts for cars they were the OE supplier to (many Korean cars, some Nissans, etc). Nissan only offers "value advantage" AKA Value Disadvantage which are just Chinese quick struts reboxed. NVA is not as good as Toyota OE Second Line, for example.

Quick struts are awesome because you don't have to mess with a spring compressor :)

I had several SACHS aftermarket and definitely not same level as OE ones they make.

Was Sachs the OE supplier on those cars you installed them on? :unsure:

Toyota OE are 107-116 - your going to have another 100 - 120 in mounts and bump stops depending on condition of the originals...

KYB Quick struts are 150 ish and KYB bare struts are 80 ish.

Not sure but since I refuse to use a spring compressor it will be what, an hour of shop labor per side to reuse springs? on top of whatever extra it costs.

Car isn’t far from its natural end.

Toyota doesn't make OEM quick struts. Only Honda and Ford offer quick struts from the dealer. Mando makes OE quick struts for cars they were the OE supplier to (many Korean cars, some Nissans, etc). Nissan only offers "value advantage" AKA Value Disadvantage which are just Chinese quick struts reboxed. NVA is not as good as Toyota OE Second Line, for example.

Quick struts are awesome because you don't have to mess with a spring compressor :)

Was Sachs the OE supplier on those cars you installed them on? :unsure:
Yep. BMW. It was some time ago.

So they can fail at 80k like struts on my Sienna?

Not sure but since I refuse to use a spring compressor it will be what, an hour of shop labor per side to reuse springs? on top of whatever extra it costs.

Car isn’t far from its natural end.
0.3 hours per side if you take the parts into a shop, just had mine done for my Grand Cherokee.

So they can fail at 80k like struts on my Sienna?
Understood that anything's possible. However, Toyota's durability standards are higher vs some generic, budget alternatives that target "Walmart and Dollar general crowd". So on average, Toyota will be more durable - with an added benefit of been a tailored product.

I looked on TireRack, KYB something or other strut/spring combos for 2011 Toyota 4cyl are $150/ea - front, $170 ea - rear.
Total: $640

OE Toyota front strut + spring is $175, rear strut + spring is $235
Total: $820

That's a difference of only $180. For that you get tailor-made, OE quality

TireRack will charge tax, but Sparkparts and some other online Toyota won't

Understood that anything's possible. However, Toyota's durability standards are higher vs some generic, budget alternatives that target "Walmart and Dollar general crowd". So on average, Toyota will be more durable - with an added benefit of been a tailored product.
I am not sure KYB, especially SACHS are generic, budget products. If anything, both are improvement.

I looked on TireRack, KYB something or other strut/spring combos for 2011 Toyota 4cyl are $150/ea - front, $170 ea - rear.
Total: $640

OE Toyota front strut + spring is $175, rear strut + spring is $235
Total: $820

That's a difference of only $180. For that you get tailor-made, OE quality

TireRack will charge tax, but Sparkparts and some other online Toyota won't

You're also forgetting the mouynts, which do need to be replaced, along with the rubber hardware. And even if you do buy everything, you need the scary sopring compressor to put it all together :sneaky:

Back