Quickie lube reviews, you can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Another thread knocking quick lubes....must be hard to find something new to post today.......
The ONE time I told someone to use a quick lube because I couldn't lube her car myself at that time, they BONED it and almost killed her car, and endangered her personally. (more details in my thread in general topics)

So yeah, I had a legitimate beef. And I never aired that beef before today, so to speak.

Well.....I have commend you on at least stating your hidden agenda. The bottom line is there are 100's of threads just like yours, I guess so all the shade tree mechanic on BITOG can hold hands and sing Kumbaya....

No sir, I retract that post and apologize for any negative impact it may have done on the quick lube industry as a whole. No strings attached. An earnest apology. That's all sir.
What I forgot to add to that post, was that a Valvoline Instant Oil Change that was near the intersection where her car shut down due to the improper oil filter install and lack of oil, well, although it was a little past their closing time, they still had people inside and were able to talk to me and provide assistance - and they provided us with a filter and refilled the car's missing motor oil for free. They wouldn't accept payment. They got us fixed up and on our way, even though a completely different chain had caused the problem. It was a real class act. This is absolutely true. This happened on Beechmont Ave. in Cincinnati a couple of years ago. You can ask them if you'd like. I would be happy to provide pertinent details.
There are some great people in the industry as well. People that you would be honored to have as your neighbors.
I should have mentioned this.
Again, my apologies.

although it was a little past their closing time, they still had people inside and were able to talk to me and provide assistance - and they provided us with a filter and refilled the car's missing motor oil for free. They wouldn't accept payment. They got us fixed up and on our way, even though a completely different chain had caused the problem. It was a real class act.

I hope you made sure to tell others. Word of mouth has a lot of weight.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
although it was a little past their closing time, they still had people inside and were able to talk to me and provide assistance - and they provided us with a filter and refilled the car's missing motor oil for free. They wouldn't accept payment. They got us fixed up and on our way, even though a completely different chain had caused the problem. It was a real class act.

I hope you made sure to tell others. Word of mouth has a lot of weight.
I mentioned it to a few colleagues I worked with at the time but now I've shared it in a really public way. Hope this doesn't backfire on anyone. But again I appreciate what they did, and I want to let you all know I feel about an inch tall for my small mindedness earlier with the posts I made that may have been belittling to the entire industry. They were unfair and stupid on my part.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Another thread knocking quick lubes....must be hard to find something new to post today.......

It's really not knocking quick lubes. It's knocking people who go to quick lubes and blame them publicly for things that have nothing to do with what the quick lube did or didn't do.

Exactly. Garak read the topic and assumed without reading the thread and, we all know what that means
whistle.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back