"Quick change" sabotage episode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that's funny ^^^^^^^^^^^

lol.gif

Extremely well played...

4 days ago I replaced my inner and outer tie rods on The Bacon Hauler with some Moog Problem Solver tie rods purchased at a local auto supply store.

3 days ago the engine in The Bacon Hauler developed a rod knock, and now I am making plans on what to salvage off of the car before getting rid of it.

Air-go, Moog Problem Solver parts ARE indeed junk parts, just like everyone says. The Bacon Hauler's untimely demise surely proves this, right?!?

Originally Posted by The_Nuke
4 days ago I replaced my inner and outer tie rods on The Bacon Hauler with some Moog Problem Solver tie rods purchased at a local auto supply store.

3 days ago the engine in The Bacon Hauler developed a rod knock, and now I am making plans on what to salvage off of the car before getting rid of it.

Air-go, Moog Problem Solver parts ARE indeed junk parts, just like everyone says. The Bacon Hauler's untimely demise surely proves this, right?!?

Tell me the ol BH is not having a rod knock issue...

That would cruddy.

People gripe so much about these so called quickie lube shops on here, people now think that anything that doesn't have to with said quick lube shop, or they would go near, automatically blame the "stupid" useless kids who seem to work at every one by the sounds of it on here.

Quickie lubes can be good, or bad, for what they pay & who they employ, it's a miracle bad things don't happen more often. I doubt they killed the OP's A/C, though. I changed the oil on the xB & the same thing happened, fortunately I have R134A & a gauge set, and it held nitrogen pressure & everything, hasn't leaked since (last year)!

Originally Posted by Kira
This is an anger vent.

Two weeks or so ago my friend took his car to an oil change place and bought the "$65 synthetic oil change".

Today he turned on his AC and it wouldn't work.

Short story: Met his auto mechanic friend -with manifold- at Walmart and recharged the system. No leaks could be found.

My friend is a lube tech and cycles his AC weekly throughout the Winter. His car is a 2017 and he's on it.

I swear I must have a mad German Shepherd Dog gene in my DNA because all I want to do is bite them.

The only thing that may have happened here is they gave him conventional oil instead of synthetic, sabotaged the A/C come on its an oil change place ! One of the problems of todays society blame someone else , and this shows up two weeks later.

Originally Posted by madRiver
Turn down volume but this fits and has a BITOG darling in its glory , crown vic.

That's good...

Here's the best version. Best character intro ever...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Imp4
OP seems to have a mouthful of mumbo jumbo.
Because he/she certainly doesn't have anything else to stake a claim upon.

If you've seen his posts over the years, then you know that's common from him.

Kira
How does a no-issues oil change at an oil change shop relate to no AC incident two weeks later?

I live in Michigan where winters last five months solid. I cycle my vehicle AC about three times during those five months, for only two minutes. I do the same with my electronic transfer 4-wheel drive in my Colorado during the summer. I use 4-low .... then 4-high along my 90 foot driveway.

Now my mechanic says I need to use my Colorado crew-cab doors more. I'm blew both switches from non-use..... especially bad was the passenger side. He says I need to pop the hood more too to check fluids. My linkages are rusting from non-use (once every two months openings). He says I need a new cable assembly - that mine's about to fall apart.

Now the exterior door to my gas tank cap is squeaking. The Colorado has 3-4K use in two years. None of this stuff is anyone else's fault, but mine. I doubt the oil change shop messed with the AC, unless an AC part blocks / interferes with changing of the oil filter.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
How does a no-issues oil change at an oil change shop relate to no AC incident two weeks later?

It doesn't. This is a case of "the last person that touched the car gets blamed for everything" syndrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back