Questions for Schaeffer's experts/distributors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be interested to try some of the Schaeffer's products and have a few questions:
a. I guess the two motor oils that make sense for gasoline engines are the Micro Moly and the 7000 series synthetic blend. Which is recommended for which application? Should I use the Micro Moly and if why? Are there any other motor oils I should look at? How will the synthetic blend behave in an old engine that has slight oil leaks? I am using dino now sine I don't want to make the leaks worse.
b. Where can Ibuy Schaeffer's products online for the loweest cost? Is a price list for their products available to me?

(I just edited the spelling of the subject that's all)

[ December 19, 2002, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

First of all, here is our list of Schaeffer's sponsors on this site:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/ordermain.html

You'll get the best deals from them, especially when you order in bulk.

As far as which oil to use, it depends on what intervals you choose. Both oils have the same additive package, their difference is in the base oil. The blend will last for longer intervals, and flows better in cold weather. Both are a very good value, but I lean more towards the blends myself because I have seen more oil analysis results on them and they have shown great results. I'm not saying the moly bond isn't going to do the same, just that not many people have tried it.

IMO the blend is such a good value as it is that I see no reason not to use it, as you won't save that much money by going with the full dino moly bond.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
First of all, here is our list of Schaeffer's sponsors on this site:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/ordermain.html

You'll get the best deals from them, especially when you order in bulk.

As far as which oil to use, it depends on what intervals you choose. Both oils have the same additive package, their difference is in the base oil. The blend will last for longer intervals, and flows better in cold weather. Both are a very good value, but I lean more towards the blends myself because I have seen more oil analysis results on them and they have shown great results. I'm not saying the moly bond isn't going to do the same, just that not many people have tried it.
IMO the blend is such a good value as it is that I see no reason not to use it, as you won't save that much money by going with the full dino moly bond.

Patman, Maybe not many people on this site has not used moly bond or micron moly oil, but a hell of alot of people do use and have been for years and years. I have myseft use moly bond and the micron moly for more than 10 years.

Alex, I would tell you to use the moly bond or the micron moly oils for your car. I would not use a synthtic or synthetic blend in a older cars that already have leaks. synthtic will leak more!
If I can help you in anyway please e-mail me.
David
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back