Question for the experts on Amsoil ASL 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
-1994 Honda Accord EX
-Aprox. 113,000 miles on vehicle

I have aprox. 7,500 miles on my current batch of Amsoil ASL 5W-30. There has been zero consumption on the current batch of oil and the oil is still amber colored with little or no suspended particles (e.g.-oil is not even black yet).

I'm about to embark on a 1,500 mile road trip. Should I continue on the oil without a UOA or go ahead and change it before the trip?

Thanks for the advice!!!

Pablo,

offtopic.gif

I was wondering why doesn't Amsoil try and market their fine Lubes & Oils in stores like AutoZone, Pepboys, Advance Auto Parts.....etc, etc ??
The only place I have ever seen Amsoil locally is in speed shops.

It would screw their nice private contractor dealer network, and they would have to sell it at a volume discounted price, lower than their current dealer price, b/c retailers would demand a better margin.

IMO.

Can't AmsOil be sold at retailers, as long as there is now more than 4-7 in the chain?

im no expert but recently i have been doing a lot of research on this oil. this oil can seriously last up to 35k miles or up to a year. it sounds totally unlogical, but... yea atleast every 7500k is good still

35k miles requires some very specific circumstances. The ASL is one of the 25k oils, which require some very specific circumstances.

Many people have done it. No one I know of has ruined their engine. The oil might not look pretty at 25k, but it made it.

AMSOIL can be sold retail on the shelf as long as there are less than 12 stores. However, I have yet to see a retailer offer better prices because they like "profit" and most of us don't care about it.

Road trip and don't worry. Your oil is fine. Sleep well at night.

Bah...waited too long and now I can't edit. =(

Even better idea! Change your oil, throw in a bottle of auto-rx. Change your oil while you're there.

Congradulations, you just completed a whole auto-rx treatment in a week!

tuong,

You don't drive a Nissan Frontier do you?

I would like to find someone who has ever gone past 3k in a 2.4L Frontier with Amsoil ASL 5W30.

I have never been able to do it. Of all synthetics I have tried, this one had the most consumption/volatility.

It does really well in my MIL's car, an older Oldsmobile, but she only puts 2,000 miles per year on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back