Question for Bob (or anybody ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in supplemental injector and upper cylinder lube (gasolene V-6/2.7 liter). Would I get better results using Schaeffer's 131 or 131C?
It seems to me that the tech sheets (at Schaeffer's site) show I would get a better result from 131C. I was just wondering if there is any hands on experience out there?
rolleyes.gif

[ July 22, 2002, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: harry31 ]

Harry,

I have and currently still use both.

The 131 is a cleaner/upper cly lube. It does not do anything for increaseing fuel mileage except that if you have any problems with your fuel system like carbon deposits and such, then it will clean and lubricate it which will increase the performance and mileage from the cleaning.

The 131c is like the 131 but for gas only and is suppose to also provide an increase in fuel mileage where the 131 doesn't.

I myself cannot say that I can't tell much if any difference between the two, but remember, I drive like a maniac!. I have been using the 131 and had just recently tried the 131c, so I've been using it myself as well an I'd be hard pressed to say that I can tell much if any difference. Both provide ucl but to say one performs better than the other,
dunno.gif
Jury's still out on that one. I will maintain using either one, what ever I have on hand.

twak.gif
IMPORTANT NOTICE!*****
Do not use the 131c like the 131. the 131 can be used in any gearbox,hydraulic system,fuel, gas and diesel, and oil. The 131c is ONLY A GAS TREATMENT, not to be confused with the 131.

Thanks for the info, Bob
worshippy.gif
Now all I hafta do is figure how many drops (from the 5 gallon jug of 131-C ) to put into a 15 (or 15.5 or 16 or 16.5 etc.) gallon fill up.
grin.gif

[ July 24, 2002, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: harry31 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back