Question about Discount Tire

Can you link me on their site where it indicates this? That would be kind of strange if they're offering 3 years on top with the purchase of a certificate. Then you'd be paying for at least one redundant warranty.

This is all I could find: "Discount Tire does not offer the typical tire warranty that manufacturers might for their product. Instead, Discount Tire has Certificates, which is a tire repair, refund, or replacement service. "
Hmm.....I just searched long and hard on their website and the statement is gone.

Hmm.....I just searched long and hard on their website and the statement is gone.

You could try the sitemap at the bottom right, but that just led me to the bit about the certificate. But ya it looks like they got rid of it. Inflation is killing everyone.

Last edited:
I admit not reading everything so maybe covered. You're basically paying off a $232 bet up front against a maybe possibly $322 tire somewhere down the line. And that's if the loss is within the 100% pay period as I believe the certificates pay 100% for a time and then a downward sliding scale until the tire is 4/32 or whatever the cutoff is. As stated, in the part I read, the house always wins in the long run. About 97% of my driving is within a 4 mile radius so I don't get them. If I was doing 400 mile runs I might change my mind. Probably not, because the only thing really changing is the DT location I may be visiting. Good luck with your decision.

I admit not reading everything so maybe covered. You're basically paying off a $232 bet up front against a maybe possibly $322 tire somewhere down the line. And that's if the loss is within the 100% pay period as I believe the certificates pay 100% for a time and then a downward sliding scale until the tire is 4/32 or whatever the cutoff is. As stated, in the part I read, the house always wins in the long run. About 97% of my driving is within a 4 mile radius so I don't get them. If I was doing 400 mile runs I might change my mind. Probably not, because the only thing really changing is the DT location I may be visiting. Good luck with your decision.
Like any warranty, it's always advantageous to the house....always. With that said, some folks do win and I have before on it on one vehicle but lost on several others. All of my vehicles are $1000 or less for a set so the certs add about $100 on top of the cost at most. There's also the ease of use and for my wife and son away at college, it's v. simple...go to the local DT, you are sorted without drama. That has a value to me for them.

All of my vehicles are $1000 or less for a set so the certs add about $100 on top of the cost at most.
It seems the price has gone up due to inflation since your last purchase. Or maybe they price the certificate differently based on the model, rather than MSRP.

Curiously, installation doesn't seem to guarantee a Road Force Balance. In the fine print, it states "Installation charges may vary based off market and installation complexity." $96 is a lot to throw tires on a static balancer.
1693335015318.png

Last edited:
It seems the price has gone up due to inflation since your last purchase. Or maybe they price the certificate differently based on the model, rather than MSRP.

Curiously, installation doesn't seem to guarantee a Road Force Balance. In the fine print, it states "Installation charges may vary based off market and installation complexity." $96 is a lot to throw tires on a static balancer.
View attachment 175744
No idea. My tires have been in the 500-800 range mainly. I paid about $85 I think last time I had them mount some track tires I brought in. Unless there is an issue, road force isn't necessary.

No idea. My tires have been in the 500-800 range mainly. I paid about $85 I think last time I had them mount some track tires I brought in. Unless there is an issue, road force isn't necessary.
Well, they advertise it, so I would hope they'd do it preemptively, but we know they don't.

The shop I use for my VWs charged me $150 for installing track tires....DT is super cheap (to me).

Back