question about a robot vacuum

Ok, so finally got one of those robot vacuums because both my wife and myself find it very hard to push regular one. Ok, so bought a Shark Ion model that has to have the magnetic strips to keep it out of the areas it is not wanted. I know don't tell me about the ones that can be programmed with the smart phone that we don't have. Anyway, the strips work ok, but they only come in dark brown color. Now, myself, I kinda like the contrasting strip, but the wife would like it better if it was more color coordinated with the floors. So I was wondering if anyone had run into the same problem and tried painting them. I was thinking a thin coat of spray paint maybe. Or will anything on the strip mess up the magnetic field???

Reactions: JC1
Had a programmable Roomba. It maps the room and I set it to run at night. Well the dog had an unfortunate accident in the room that night because a medication upset his gut. Well that obedient but mindless Roomba spent two hours spreading a fine patina of doggie poo all over that floor, large room too. Benched the Roomba. Don't need any robotic assistants anymore.

roomba.jpg

Ok, so finally got one of those robot vacuums because both my wife and myself find it very hard to push regular one. Ok, so bought a Shark Ion model that has to have the magnetic strips to keep it out of the areas it is not wanted. I know don't tell me about the ones that can be programmed with the smart phone that we don't have. Anyway, the strips work ok, but they only come in dark brown color. Now, myself, I kinda like the contrasting strip, but the wife would like it better if it was more color coordinated with the floors. So I was wondering if anyone had run into the same problem and tried painting them. I was thinking a thin coat of spray paint maybe. Or will anything on the strip mess up the magnetic field???
I wouldn't think it would matter.

Sounds like you wife is related to my wife. Wives should come with psychologists to tell them it's ok to accept things and not be perfectonists!!!!

Robo vacuum? Watch Love Death+Robots, Season 2, Episode 1 Automated Customer Service on Netflix. 10/10

Last edited:
Back