Quantum Blue - SRT8 - UOA question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, yes, yes, but were his cam and lifters okay in that HEMI? That's all I want to know!

Wait a minute, what's 12.5W-40?!

Cr@p oil, left in for way too long.
Don't know folks don't stay with the tried and true ...... change oil often (5k- 8k miles depending on drive cycle), use branded oils that meet your engine specs, and sleep well.

When it comes to Hyundai, they can't make up their mind what they want in their engines. In my farm tractor of an engine, 2.4 GDI, according to their International owner's manual, you could probably run anything from olive oil to Torpentol. No, actually that's the 3.3L Lambda II engine. In the 2.4 GDI they want you to run 5W-40, with the option to run 5W-30 if you want the best fuel economy. Only in the use they printed 5W-20 on the oil cap and sent out TSBs to dealers to put 5W-30 in them when changing oil. It doesn't always work out with manufacturer specs, but this BND and Quantum Blue nonsense is a bridge too far. It sure made my evening.

[/QUOTE]
Indeed, but reading that thread, this oil was claimed to eliminate lifter failure, obviously that didn't happen.

@OVERKILL as you know very well, I don't know much about HEMI lifter issues, however, I learned a lot from you. I came across that forum a while ago and saw some of Brian's post from BND. That guy knows even less about HEMI lifters than I do.

I didn't see any sludge in the pictures, I saw HEAVY varnish, which the oil company blamed on the engine running too rich, which the UOA didn't support but the oil blender tried to explain away by indicating that running rich doesn't show up in a UOA, only if you have a leaky injector or something along those lines.

That motor oil polymerized in the engine. That's because it was low quality and it ran for too long between OCIs. Couple that with short trips and that's what you get. Or should I say it caramelized? The owner of the Charger could have done 16K miles OCIs on 10W-30 PYB or T4 15W-40 and his motor would have been in better shape.

This is a fun video to watch:

Meanwhile, an engine with the same mileage but run on Mobil 1 was posted and it was spotless. That went over like a lead balloon.

Yes, but Mobil 1 didn't blend their oil in a shack behind the Church of Motor Oil. They spent millions on R&D, approvals and certifications. Because they don't have the mystique of a boutique oil motor oil blended by a charlatan that doesn't even adhere to basic SAE specs, Mobil 1 motor "doesn't matter", evidence be ****ed. Brian from BND claimed that 3000ppm of Calcium can clog oil passages :rolleyes:

I don't understand why some people turn motor oil into a religion. It's even worse when hard data and evidence are discarded in favor of misinformation and fantasies.

That's definitely inline with @MolaKule take on him earlier so it seems we are all very much in agreement :)

So now every time someone points the finger to this thread when talking about Quantum Blue, the owner of BND will discard it as "BITOG is mean to our product and they are jealous of our success and they work for the big corporations". And that's how conspiracies are born and charlatans get to play the underdog :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, yes, yes, but were his cam and lifters okay in that HEMI? That's all I want to know!

Wait a minute, what's 12.5W-40?!

When it comes to Hyundai, they can't make up their mind what they want in their engines. In my farm tractor of an engine, 2.4 GDI, according to their International owner's manual, you could probably run anything from olive oil to Torpentol. No, actually that's the 3.3L Lambda II engine. In the 2.4 GDI they want you to run 5W-40, with the option to run 5W-30 if you want the best fuel economy. Only in the use they printed 5W-20 on the oil cap and sent out TSBs to dealers to put 5W-30 in them when changing oil. It doesn't always work out with manufacturer specs, but this BND and Quantum Blue nonsense is a bridge too far. It sure made my evening.

@OVERKILL as you know very well, I don't know much about HEMI lifter issues, however, I learned a lot from you. I came across that forum a while ago and saw some of Brian's post from BND. That guy knows even less about HEMI lifters than I do.

That motor oil polymerized in the engine. That's because it was low quality and it ran for too long between OCIs. Couple that with short trips and that's what you get. Or should I say it caramelized? The owner of the Charger could have done 16K miles OCIs on 10W-30 PYB or T4 15W-40 and his motor would have been in better shape.

This is a fun video to watch:

Yes, but Mobil 1 didn't blend their oil in a shack behind the Church of Motor Oil. They spent millions on R&D, approvals and certifications. Because they don't have the mystique of a boutique oil motor oil blended by a charlatan that doesn't even adhere to basic SAE specs, Mobil 1 motor "doesn't matter", evidence be ****ed. Brian from BND claimed that 3000ppm of Calcium can clog oil passages :rolleyes:

I don't understand why some people turn motor oil into a religion. It's even worse when hard data and evidence are discarded in favor of misinformation and fantasies.

So now every time someone points the finger to this thread when talking about Quantum Blue, the owner of BND will discard it as "BITOG is mean to our product and they are jealous of our success and they work for the big corporations". And that's how conspiracies are born and charlatans get to play the underdog :ROFLMAO:
[/QUOTE]

The SRT8 owner is worse than the guy selling Quantum Blue. Check this out:

Back on QB and when comparing to the Redline 15w50 (Ran redline for the first 3k miles then again for another 3k before swapping back to QB) the first thing I noticed was the idle and how the engine seems to run smoother. The normal hemi lifter noise definitely quieted down. I’ll do another oil change at the next 3k with QB and then start sending oil samples to Blackstone again. Thanks again Brian
emoji106.png
emoji106.png

This is the definition of insanity. Red Line Oil can't hold a candle to Quantum Blue :LOL:

So The guy did 16 k oil changes on a hemi that is known to have inherent issues that was tuned and probably ran very hard for 127k and its the oils fault? I doubt it.

So The guy did 16 k oil changes on a hemi that is known to have inherent issues that was tuned and probably ran very hard for 127k and its the oils fault? I doubt it.
So you have some interest in promoting the brand?

For what reason is the oil superior?

In my opinion even if you just go by the pages of complete nonsense on their website you would come to that conclusion. For me any blender that posts the garbage they post calls into question their basic competence for anything, much less blending motor oil.

What substantive technical reasons make it a superior oil that would be someone's selection over something else?

The brand is a complete joke IMO.

It's made from unicorn tears, hopes, and dreams. When I first heard of it I thought it was motor oil for electric cars :LOL:

I wonder how that motor oil would stand up to the rigors of modern GDI and TGDI engines. HEMI and Pentastar engines are easy on the oil and they don't dilute it with fuel.

So you have some interest in promoting the brand?

For what reason is the oil superior?

Sludged up engines is a hell of a resume. Give his comments a read, they're pure technical gold: https://www.chargerforums.com/threads/2015-dodge-charger-r-t-12-093-miles-on-1-oil-change.385543/

1,283 ppm Calcium Carbonate - so still plenty of anti-acid without being excessive. Many off the shelf oils put as much as 3,500 ppm calcium as an anti-wear and they are finding.....as we have always said.....that too much calcium clogs oil passages especially with new tighter tolerances and small passages in today's engines!

Holly Moses, I'd better drain the oil out of my RAM 1500 before the oil passages get all clogged up!!! That M1 has 3000ppm of Calcium!!! OMG!!! :ROFLMAO:

What substantive technical reasons make it a superior oil that would be someone's selection over something else?

So someone says no to Amsoil, and I get that. Their Signature Series is mostly meant for those who like to take the best care of their engines and do longer OCIs (within reason and according to their application). And they also have Racing Oil, which is not exactly a daily driver. Well, here is where Red Line Oil comes into play because they do offer a decent in-between product that you can use on the street and on the track. There is also Driven, and others. The major brands also have decent oils for many purposes. With such a large selection, when you say no to all of those and pick an oil that has no approvals, certifications, doesn't even adhere to SAE conventions, then you can only blame yourself when your engine is ruined.

I would never buy a $40K or $50K vehicle and gamble with the motor oil. I may not be the most obedient when it comes to what the manufacturer recommends, however, I do adjust my motor oil selection according to climate and application, within reason. And if I suspect something is wrong or don't like how the engine runs, I drain it and go back to the original spec.

Can you please explain the term "mineral synthesis" that is printed on your oil jugs and marketing materials? I really would like to know what it means.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a good place to start. Page 1 of this thread.

Questions (since there seems to be a lot of missing information):

1. Where is the documentation that says Blackstone said QB could be run in an extended fashion?

2. They already built the new 426 long block but after they pulled the engine I asked them to send me some internal pictures as soon as they opened her up. So did the engine freeze up on the road, or did he have the engine pulled after the ticking noise occurred. Did the same shop inspect the coolant passages and the oil flow passages for blockage? Did they take any responsibility for this engines condition?

Comments:

I have analyzed these claims before but here are some of the reasons I would run as far and as fast as I could away from QuantumBlue.

QuantumBlue reverses the wearing out process and greatly prolongs the life span of all mechanical parts!

If that is the case, then this "renewal" process should be patented and furthermore, mechanical parts should have an infinite lifetime.

The Quantum-P wrestles 33% of that 6% back to the engine and gives you 8 free horsepower in the process and reduces oil consumption, increases fuel economy and helps keep your oil from turning black so fast like off the shelf oils do!

Well in this case it didn't so what do you have to say for yourselves? Free energy violates all known laws of Thermodynamics and Quantum Physics. What kind of double-speak is 33% of 6%? Does that mean that that QB "wrestled" 1.98% horsepower back into the engine? What test supports this claim? Lastly how do you 'wrestle" any energy back into useful energy after that energy has been expended and moved?

I especially love this statement: ” QuantumBlue Catalysts;” were developed for the Rocket Industry and Military applications requiring molecular shear and viscosity stability parameters that have to perform far beyond any other known lubricants. This technology has resulted in a “breakthrough” in wear reduction of up to 90% and friction reduction of up to or greater than 40% beyond traditional lubricating oils mineral or synthetic. With greatly reduced thermal and viscosity breakdown, working surfaces of the mechanical parts can last up to 10 times longer than their normal life span.

Okay, they didn't say the same catalysts developed for the Space Program were the same catalysts used in their product. Do they even know what catalyst means? What effect do their catalysts have on the overall performance?

QuantumBlue(TM) Lubricant Oils are the ultimate leap beyond any lubricant oils available at any price. They are formulated using a highly refined sweet crude mineral base that is hydrotreated, hydrocracked, and regenerated over and over and over again to produce a synthetic size molecule but out of mineral base stock. All the reactive hydrocarbons are taken out of the oil. We take a 6′ x 6′ steel panel and heat it up to 600 Deg F and splash basestock on it for 24 hours. If there is any measurable hydrocarbons on the panel, the batch is sent back for more regeneration.

Once the base stock passes our tests, it is then so pure that in the 25,000 gallon holding tank, it is as clear as water. It is a synthetic characteristic mineral that maintains pumpability, wearability, and oxidation stability like the traditional synthetics, but is friendly on your seals and it’s soluability to hold your additive packages in suspension are extremely good.

So what is it? Is it a mineral oil or a synthetic base oil? Nothing is defined according to any industry standard test nor any known method of refining or synthesis.

I could go on for hours tearing this garbage apart but these claims stand out as being utterly ridiculous

There is so much disinformation, obfuscation, and double speak in QuantumBlue's literature I don't know whether to laugh or cry. :mad:

PS. I once knew a guy in the industry who spoke like this and maybe this same demented and confused mind wrote their literature.

When you take a risk on using an oil that has not been tested, you're simply relying on the blender's reputation and taking their word. That's what it comes down to. Not much more can be said. You either put your oil up for testing, or you don't.

Hypothetical - If I bought a car that had known timing chain wear issues (i'd probably not buy it in the first place but just as an example), I'd like to know the oil I'm using passed the SEQ X timing chain test. The more reputable boutique oil brands, as I mentioned above, I'd be less concerned about. You really have to watch some of these small companies. They simply don't have the R&D and expertise to keep up with the complex OEM market.

LMAO!! The first response from BND showing two heavily varnished engines calling it "normal" and then dude with 125K miles on Mobil 1 pops in with his spotless engine :ROFLMAO:

Even more amusing - The QB guys response - " Your Mobil 1 pictures are irrelevant!"

Got an employee with a hellcat and charger - no ticks yet, but he's dreading the day.

UD

Got an employee with a hellcat and charger - no ticks yet, but he's dreading the day.

I think that as long as you keep those engines clean and practice decent OCIs, the tick will stay at bay. At least that's what I learned from @OVERKILL .

I think that as long as you keep those engines clean and practice decent OCIs, the tick will stay at bay. At least that's what I learned from @OVERKILL .

I hope, but not so sure.
I've been reading guys that religiously change according to the factory OCI with the recommended oil and still have the problem.

Dave

I hope, but not so sure.
I've been reading guys that religiously change according to the factory OCI with the recommended oil and still have the problem.

Dave

If I had a Hellcat, unless all I was doing is using the car as a grocery-getter, I wouldn't use the recommended PUP 0W-40. It's a thin 40 oil that's also low SAPS. Just like Mobil 1 ESP 0W-40, which is the low saps version of the FS 0W-40, not to be confused with the rest of their ESP lineup. I would look at least at something like Red Line 5W-40 for that motor. If he's really hammering it and tracking, probably 5W-50 or higher. The same goes for a 5.7 HEMI. If you're babying it and just mildly using it, then the CAFE spec 5W-20 is fine. If you're hammering it, you either look for a beefier 5W-20 or you go to a higher viscosity oil (within reason of course). That motor is not the 6.4, let alone the Hellcat. Just my two cents. Either way, roller lifters will wear out one day on any motor that uses them, not just HEMI engines.

Yes, but QB meets and exceeds, and they do not want to pay expensive approvals bcs. conspiracy theories.

That sounds like a description of Valvoline Maxlife Multi-Vehicle ATF. No warranty, no licenses, no certifications, no manufacturer approvals, no testing done by any OEM.

That sounds like a description of Valvoline Maxlife Multi-Vehicle ATF. No warranty, no licenses, no certifications, no manufacturer approvals, no testing done by any OEM.
True but at least Valvoline is a reputable company that has a history of producing reputable products so there is some reason to trust their recommendations. Plus their website doesn't look like it was written by an idiot.

Unless you're just another one of these "anti-XXXX" people that likes to post here from time to time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back