Quantum Blue - SRT8 - UOA question

Status
Not open for further replies.
They get around that by "customizing the motor oil according to customer needs on a person by person basis". In other words, you can't get a hold of their product by any conventional means. Neither will two people get the same product. I'm not an attorney, however, it seems to me that they are walking a fine legal line. I'm truly amazed at what some people think of when it comes to making money.

They don't need to go that far even and they already have won the case the way they conduct their business. They stay just below the threshold.

They routinely submit tests of their oil through recognized labs and nothing flags. They obviously have a customer base and done the "magazine testing" for publications so any claim of them being "illegitimate" would fall flat

They can easily challenge any technical point because the burden would be on the claimant- not them to show the oil was the root cause of the failure.

I have done lubrication litigation and arbitration for lubrication (claimed and alleged) related failure- they have the high ground, royal flush and S&W- all the plaintiff would have is a pair of 3's.

The worst-case scenario for BND Automotive LLC would be to completely lose their customer base if they were under investigation. At that point, Brian would pull out the off the shelf motor oil and ATF jugs and tell investigators that all he did was to repackage and resell them. As far as I know, that's not illegal, better yet, he did not use anyone else's brand or trade name, though most petroleum product manufacturers would frown upon such actions. And that would be the end of it. He would suffer some embarrassment and probably would need to come up with a new racket.

And for him and his business to be investigated, his product has to cause some sort of catastrophic failure that results in injury or death. That would probably get the attention of the authorities. Until then, he can keep suckering people in and sell them Quantum Blue. Later on, many of those customers will sing the Quantum Blues because they need a new motor for their vehicle, as Brian sold them a tweaked off the shelve motor oil. It is what it is. This thread can only serve as a fair warning to those looking to buy his products.

I pretty much agree 100% but want to emphasize a point.

He could also play the "underdog" card and come out a bigger winner too. ( it has happened)

That threshold is so high ( to prove his product alone caused or instigated a failure of that level and even then it would have to be "used as directed") it is almost impossible ( almost)

I pretty much agree 100% but want to emphasize a point.

He could also play the "underdog" card and come out a bigger winner too. ( it has happened)

That threshold is so high ( to prove his product alone caused or instigated a failure of that level and even then it would have to be "used as directed") it is almost impossible ( almost)

He also has a lot of good Google reviews, which proves how naive people are, and the fact that he is reselling off the shelf oils. He found something that works and makes money with it.

Look, I get people that have old cars, like flat tappet engines and such, and are looking for stuff that they perceive to be the best. I don't get why they said no to Amsoil ZROD for example, but hey, I'm here to learn, right? However, I don't get someone like me for example who wants to keep the HEMI tick at bay and never deal with it, is buying oil from this guy. Just like I didn't understand why the SRT8 guy did 16,000-mile OCIs when all he wanted to do is keep his engine in top shape. The simple rule of HEMI is to keep the engine clean and well oiled. That's it.

I fear that all the warnings in this thread will not deter people from getting suckered into buying white jugs of oil with inkjet-printed labels on them.

If I was Brian Shubert I would up the scam and sell blue-dyed motor oil. Just add 15 oz. of Lubegard to 5 quarts of oil and call it Blue Royalle! What a great product idea. Believe it or not, it looks better than Royal Purple when it flows out of a jug into the engine. Now I regret not taking some pictures.

I don't have anything bad to say about Lubegard, it's probably a good product. I have it currently in my 2018 Hyundai, but until I got 7500 miles on it along with an oil analysis I won't be able to comment. The best I can hope for is decent wear numbers.

Let's throw some more cooking oil on this dumpster fire before it goes out completely :ROFLMAO:

dumpster-fire.gif

So, I have found the following thread: https://www.challengertalk.com/thre...d-automotive-quantum-blue-and-aces-iv.386641/

koolaid.gif

Ok, plenty of people have denounced BND Automotive as being no better than Mobil 1, Royal Purple, or AMSoil. They also say that Aces IV is the same as Lucas and STP. I'm running Quantum Blue engine oil and Aces IV and I'm here to tell you that his stuff is the real deal. I've run nothing but Mobil 1 in my car until my last oil change when I put the Quantum Blue into the car. There is nothing else to say except that Mobil 1 is not anywhere close to Quantum Blue. After adding Aces IV about 2 weeks after the oil change and giving the car 200 miles to adjust I can say that this stuff does wonders for the car. Down low torque is effortless, the car just glides now. I have better response, MPG, and lubrication for the motor. What sold me on the Aces IV was the fact that it aids in lubricating parts of the motor that the factory lubrication system would neglect or insufficiently lubricate. I'm not going to run anything else. Please please please give the Quantum Blue and Aces IV combination a try.

pilingon.gif

I have used mobil 1, i used Royal Purple and I used BnD product. Heres the difference. I sent in my samples, I know its far better oil than any of the others. And NO I didnt send the samples to his BnD lab for his testing either.
All on my own, unmarked as to whos oil product was whos, so no lab knew what or whos they got.
When you do samples you also know what your motor is doing like excessive valve wear, Bearing wear ect, from the micro amounts of copper, iron, cromeium, Brass, ect. in the oil sample sent for testing.
I did it over a 20,000 miles period total, for all of them on a stock 5.7 with blower.
Beat on the track, and street driven.
Then I decided to build a stroker, once apart I was even more convinced of the oil.
Iits in the stroker motor now, Im due for a sample to be sent in.

I also buy his filters. Prior to that I used wix filters. He has a good filter. Then again I cut every filter of mine open and check the material for any metal or brass, anything.
After every weekend track event or just when its time for the oil change.

I dont go the 10,000 miles between changes, I go 5000 miles, Then I use the oil in my lawn mower or my company generators, They all run great to BTW,

laugh.gif

You pay for his filters ? (motor oil) Brian's been giving to me, and he has stickers? what the hell I want a sticker

Would you at least entertain the idea of trying the BND? I don't see how it would hurt.

How would that happen? I was talking about his oil. Also, while Aces IV is the fuel additive, how would it void the warranty?

f you check your owner's manual, they state that adding fuel additives could void the warranty. :)

Eh, I'm not worried about that too much. My car feels much better for running it. Also, I have seen black crap starting to drip out of my tail pipes from it working. I would be amazed if it did anything to harm the motor.

The Aces IV, while expensive, makes the engine so much smoother. Just the fact that it aids in engine lubrication is worth it for me. I've run Lucas and STP before and they don't do close to what Aces IV is able to. The Quantum blue goes 10K miles between changes where as Mobil 1 or anything comparable will go half that. All I can say is try it. Having discussions about anything other than that is a little pointless as everyone has an opinion but I will say that if you give it a shot, you'll see. Plain and simple.

idiot.gif

I definitely want to try the motor oil, but I can't see $150 for it. I change my oil every 6 months and typically only have 1500 miles on the oil when I change it. The price is going to keep me from using it.

I have the BnD transmission fluid in my 6 speed and it is without a doubt the best fluid I have used. I used many different fluids before hand including RP synchromax, amsoil ATF+4 and amsoil synchromesh fluid and Redline D4. Shifting is much better with the BnD fluid.

So, I am a believer in BnD products, just can't justify the re-occurring cost of the motor oil.

Try the AcesIV. It's a fuel stabilizer and detergent. With as much as your car sits, it'll help keep the fuel system clean.

I agree! I run a pump gas 572 Hemi Challenger at 835HP and beef up the premium pump gas with Aces lV. I used to add racing fuel but that is $9.00 a gallon and it doesn't lubricate the upper cylinders. Aces is the absolute way to go to protect the engine and get the added performance benefits. I also run the Quantum Blue oil. If you speak to Brian the owner of BND you'll quickly understand this is real deal.

This thread was pretty dead, but I'll revive it. ACES IV is the real deal. I went from 2-4* of ST KNK at WOT on 93 Shell to 0 ST KNK at WOT using the same 93 Shell.

It took a couple of tanks to reap the full benefits, but I can't make the car knock at WOT now and this is with 17-18* of advance.

I'm using 1 oz to 6 gallons, as specified. I don't know how, but the stuff works.

Guys, AcesIV can be used on a boosted setup. You won't necessarily feel the gains from it but you will notice when the car is on the rollers. You can either have the car tuned with the Aces and add more timing or you can go untuned to have it prevent against detonation. I would do the latter if it were me but that's merely because I would use it to make the car run perfectly no matter the weather. I have a friend of mine with a GT30R STi and his car tends to detonate in cold weather. We took the car out with AcesIV in it when it was 35 degrees out with no audible detonation and very little showing on the laptop. I love Aces. Won't ever own a car without it.

money.gif

The phone call doesn't need to take an hour. Mine did because I wanted to learn about Brian and he is a fountain of knowledge. The oil for 2 gallons is $102 + shipping. The ACES IV in gallons is normally $269.00. The 75w110 HP Tackified Red Differential Fluid is $55.80. Worth every penny.

silvester.gif

The value of BND products isn't in being able to add power. The engine oil lubricants are blended for the specific user's application based on the add pack. Supercharged motors get something different than N/A. Brian will even change the add pack based on whether you have a cotton air filter or paper element. Where these shine is in the reduction of wear metals, especially for copper and iron. There are tons of posts on chargerforums.com including UOAs where Brian is a supporting vendor.

Aces IV is great as an upper cylinder lubricant as well as an octane booster. Since lead has been removed from modern fuels and ethanol content is increasing, this is harder on seals. The increase in RON also allows for more usable BTU in the fuels and combats knock, allowing for more timing.

I don't look at either of these products as power adders, but instead, products that allow you to make more power safely.

I don't represent BND, get freebies or even use his products, but the scientific evidence I've seen leads me to believe that this is good stuff. Is it vastly different from a quality product like Amsoil? I don't know since I'm not a Tribologist. Nor will I pretend to be one and render judgement without seeing evidence.

Ok, plenty of people have denounced BND Automotive as being no better than Mobil 1

No, I would state that it is nowhere near the calibre of Mobil 1, which has actually passed myriad OEM engine validation tests like Porsche A40, the cost of which probably exceeds the net worth of BND. :sneaky:

My "Hunch" (unsupported theory, educated guess) is that this QB bunch is taking off the shelf oils, and thinking they can somehow "boost" them, are adding something like a multi-functional phosphate additive in levels that are dangerous to CATs and could possibly build up dangerous levels of phosphoric and nitric acids.

The word they use is "customizing" which tells me they think they are making oils custom designed for your vehicle by changing the viscosity to arrive at their weird viscosity grades ranges and additive content. My opinion is they are setting a dangerous precedent by doing this. yet convincing some of the unsuspecting (uneducated) public they are smarter than engine engineers and the API.
What the old timers used to call “snake oil”

I give him credit where its due

He came up with an idea, planned and executed it skillfully and has insulated himself from almost any possibility of adverse action.

He has created a following of true believers and he controls the narrative through them and manages his work by phone order only with a PO box.

No investment, no facility, no employees, no IP, no R&D, almost no risk or liability and sells someone else's product with about a 500% mark up.

Absolutely brilliant!

I cant help but acknowledge it

Here is an IDEA

He mentioned a Diablo tune. When I had a Diablo tune on my old Terminator, the one thing I hated about it, and main reason I ditched it was Diablo disabled all the DFCO settings so your fuel injection system was working like a carburetor. Constantly fueling, even down hill with the foot off the gas. Any fuel injected car had Deceleration Fuel Cut-Off, hell, even the Bosch injection system on my near 50 year old Volvo P1800 has DFCO. A stock tune or nearly any other aftermarket/custom tune would would still have this enabled. By 3k that oil would smell. Aside from that, the AFR was always rich. WOT was around 10.3 with that Diablo tune.

Maybe Diablo doesn't do that anymore but maybe they do.

Either way, blackstone telling this guy to keep pushing his changes is nuts. And 6.4 Hemi's eat lifters/lobes too.

Also, don't underestimate general stupidity and someone looking for something free. Those snake eyes on the headlights are a red flag for "stupid" maybe the guy severely overheated this engine. The only time I've seen an engine that black was a 305 that was smoked on the highway being driven while coolant leaked out. It was broken free and started again but it was burned inside.

No, I would state that it is nowhere near the calibre of Mobil 1, which has actually passed myriad OEM engine validation tests like Porsche A40, the cost of which probably exceeds the net worth of BND. :sneaky:

Just out of curiosity, how is anyone to know the base oil he uses isn't M1? ( or something comparable)

He certainly has the mark up for it.

It also stands to reason logically ( assuming many of the posted OA's are legitimate and all the fan hype isn't manufactured) that he must have some form of quality oil as a baseline to "customize" since he never claims to be a true blender.

Just out of curiosity, how is anyone to know the base oil he uses isn't M1? ( or something comparable)

He certainly has the mark up for it.

It also stands to reason logically ( assuming many of the posted OA's are legitimate and all the fan hype isn't manufactured) that he must have some form of quality oil as a baseline to "customize" since he never claims to be a true blender.

Once he starts "working his magic" the base product no longer meets any of the approvals it did unadulterated; it's no longer a fully formulated and properly vetted lubricant and instead a mix of God knows what :D

He does in that mess claim he tests the base oils though:
QuantumBlue(TM) Lubricant Oils are the ultimate leap beyond any lubricant oils available at any price. They are formulated using a highly refined sweet crude mineral base that is hydrotreated, hydrocracked, and regenerated over and over and over again to produce a synthetic size molecule but out of mineral base stock. All the reactive hydrocarbons are taken out of the oil. We take a 6′ x 6′ steel panel and heat it up to 600 Deg F and splash basestock on it for 24 hours. If there is any measurable hydrocarbons on the panel, the batch is sent back for more regeneration.

So there is at least something that points to the product being "blended" from a non-formulated base, but given the illegitimacy of the rest of it, who really knows.

Once he starts "working his magic" the base product no longer meets any of the approvals it did unadulterated; it's no longer a fully formulated and properly vetted lubricant and instead a mix of God knows what :D

To be fair and even, that cannot accurately be said unless and until it ( the Frankenbrew) is tested against whatever standard

He does in that mess claim he tests the base oils though:

He 'claims' lots of things and I've never heard of the 6 ft steel cook off test.

His claims could just as easily be referenced to whatever bottle of stuff he buys ( or an outright fabrication in their own right)

I would like to see his "facility" and process line and until that is revealed I lean more toward his "facility" is more commonly known as a garage in the back room behind the mower where all the cases of a top tier oil are

So there is at least something that points to the product being "blended" from a non-formulated base, but given the illegitimacy of the rest of it, who really knows.

Yeah, just like I "blend" paint base and tint with a drill motor and a mixer blade

Phosphorous is an anti-scuff agent that is critical in protecting high RPM and High load engines from wear especially on cams, lifters, and cam followers as well as other internal components.

I guess he believes in what he's saying, otherwise he wouldn't dump crazy amounts of phosphorus additive in whatever motor oil he's "improving". I'm not a chemical engineer, not even an armchair chemist or a sofa tribologists. But I can only wonder how the Phosphorus that he adds to the oil reacts with the one that's already in the motor oil, ZDDP and all. I guess he doesn't want to step on anyone's toes too badly and get too much attention, otherwise he would just buy ZDDP additive like the one Red Line sells and dump it in the oil.

confused.gif

On the other hand, if you are thinking that well I will just use a typical synthetic, you also are not immune. The synthetic oil stock is produced by condensing natural gas into a Poly-alpha-olefin (PAO) base stock.

Wow, I'm about to get brain blisters 😱

So all these large oil companies that spend a crazy amount of money on R&D to make motor oil what it is today we're all wrong, but, thank God for BND for coming up with Quantum Blue, which by the way is a registered trademark owned by someone else. So we get this stuff:

QuantumBlue(TM) Lubricant Oils are the ultimate leap beyond any lubricant oils available at any price. They are formulated using a highly refined sweet crude mineral base that is hydrotreated, hydrocracked, and regenerated over and over and over again to produce a synthetic size molecule but out of mineral base stock. All the reactive hydrocarbons are taken out of the oil. We take a 6′ x 6′ steel panel and heat it up to 600 Deg F and splash basestock on it for 24 hours. If there is any measurable hydrocarbons on the panel, the batch is sent back for more regeneration.

We need more brave people like this, that are willing to do the grunt work in a shed behind the house, under the shade of a tree. That's how the car that does 100 MPG on regular gas or the carburetor that runs on water were invented.

To be fair and even, that cannot accurately be said unless and until it ( the Frankenbrew) is tested against whatever standard

@OVERKILL implied that once BND messes with motor oil that was certified and adds his own additives to it, that effectively invalidates the certifications that said motor oil carries. To be fair, that's actually true.

I would like to see his "facility" and process line and until that is revealed I lean more toward his "facility" is more commonly known as a garage in the back room behind the mower where all the cases of a top tier oil are

This is beyond funny, probably because it has a very high probability of being true :LOL:

Yeah, just like I "blend" paint base and tint with a drill motor and a mixer blade

I seriously doubt he even goes that far. I put 15 oz. of Lubegard Bio/Tech in my 2018 Santa Fe Sport on my latest oil change, and I wanted to mix it with the oil before pouring it into the engine. I just poured half a quart of motor oil from the 5-quart jug, then poured the Lubegard over the motor oil in the jug. Put the cap on it and shook it really well while I walked around a little bit. When I poured it into the engine the Castrol EDGE 0W-40 was all colored blue. A mixer blade and a drill are heavy investments, why bother when you can do the same using couple of jugs and .99 cent funnels and measuring cups from Walmart?

@OVERKILL implied that once BND messes with motor oil that was certified and adds his own additives to it, that effectively invalidates the certifications that said motor oil carries. To be fair, that's actually true.

Yeah but I was doing a different angle that the "brew" may or may not be able to pass the same test as the base (should it be)-- this is also assuming its always the same brand name oil that goes into the brew.

I seriously doubt he even goes that far. I put 15 oz. of Lubegard Bio/Tech in my 2018 Santa Fe Sport on my latest oil change, and I wanted to mix it with the oil before pouring it into the engine. I just poured half a quart of motor oil from the 5-quart jug, then poured the Lubegard over the motor oil in the jug. Put the cap on it and shook it really well while I walked around a little bit. When I poured it into the engine the Castrol EDGE 0W-40 was all colored blue. A mixer blade and a drill are heavy investments, why bother when you can do the same using couple of jugs and .99 cent funnels and measuring cups from Walmart?

BND spares no expense in bringing the best product in the world to its customer base. $20 is peanuts to an organization like this.

I guess he believes in what he's saying, otherwise he wouldn't dump crazy amounts of phosphorus additive in whatever motor oil he's "improving". I'm not a chemical engineer, not even an armchair chemist or a sofa tribologists. But I can only wonder how the Phosphorus that he adds to the oil reacts with the one that's already in the motor oil, ZDDP and all. I guess he doesn't want to step on anyone's toes too badly and get too much attention, otherwise he would just buy ZDDP additive like the one Red Line sells and dump it in the oil.

I'm not the lab rat either but I do understand the process on how it works on the other side of mechanical tribology.

Since they are the same, I doubt they react but there is a point of both saturation in volume as well as the amount the engine can use- anything else is just glitter

It's also enlightening if you look back at some of the posting history of the OP in that thread. He states he's 18, plus he apparently has other interests besides cars and oil (although the most illustrative posts were deleted).

Reading his posts reminds me a lot of someone who comes here now and then.

You are right. The style is reminiscent of some soap opera type threads we have had here. I went through that thread plus another one that was linked. Sounds like a member of the lonely ❤️ 💙’s Club.

bonfire.gif

BND spares no expense in bringing the best product in the world to its customer base. $20 is peanuts to an organization like this.

cards.gif

So I guess that the only thing that Mr. Brian Shubert, the president, and owner of BND Automotive LLC, managed to successfully formulate is a semi-scam where his victims voluntarily help him perpetuate his scam. Well, you called it before me, absolute genius!

SUEME.gif

I guess that someone should let Mr. Shubert know that Quantum Blue is a registered trademark of BÜHLMANN Laboratories AG, who operates in the US and Canada under the name BUHLMANN Diagnostics Corp. I don't think that said corporation would enjoy knowing that someone else is using their registered trademark to sell... motor oil made in a shed. If anyone feels the need, for whatever reason, to reach out to them, here is their contact email: [email protected]

ninja.gif

Can you imagine being a customer of BND Automotive LLC? You would never dare piss off or cross Mr. Brian Shubert. Because if you do, the next batch of Quantum Blue motor oil he sends you might be a mix of kerosene, 5W-20 cheap conventional motor oil, methylated spirits, and some 75-90W gear oil, just so the oil is thick enough so you don't become suspicious. He may also put some maple syrup in your ACES V fuel additive just for good measure. Because it never occurred to you that for $150 you could buy two years' worth of motor oil at Walmart while spending the difference on premium fuel if you really want to use your engine at its peak. So you will kiss his behind on forums while sending him your hard-earned money. God forbid he mixes up someone's recipe or looses the "formulation", and you're one of those, then you are truly screwed. Like all scammers, he won't concede to having made a mistake, so you'll end up with a ...

lemon.gif

... of a car...

how-quantum-blue-motor-oil-is-made.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back