QS Enhanced Durability (syn blend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have about 300 quarts of it I got at a really good price. Haven't gotten around to using any of it yet. I've been working through the 200 quarts of nextgen sitting around... It will prolly be 2 years before I get to them.

Can't find that oil any where around here, but I would use it I could find it. The 5w30 is dexos1 approved.

Incidentally, I've used it half-a-dozen times and it's a good oil and a bargain. It meets all the rigorous spec's and is probably little more than re-badged Platinum.

I have ten quarts of 5W-30 (SM rated from 2010 bought for like $8 after rebate) and 0W-20 I just bought for my mom's car. Use it with confidence...

Last edited:
I'm surprised anyone can find it. I realize it's still on the QS website, but at least up here, the Defy UPC codes are exactly the same as the QSED UPC codes were when Defy came in. Since Defy appeared, I haven't seen QSED anywhere.

I just used 5qt QSED High Milage 10w-30 (w/ the 6th being QSUD 5w-30) purchased from Walmart last Christmas I believe in a Saab 9-7x 5.3 w/ AFM that consumes some oil. I just added a qt at about 50% on the OLM or around 3500 miles. From the standpoint quietness/smoothness/etc it seems no better or worse than usual which is a good thing in my book.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I'm surprised anyone can find it. I realize it's still on the QS website, but at least up here, the Defy UPC codes are exactly the same as the QSED UPC codes were when Defy came in. Since Defy appeared, I haven't seen QSED anywhere.

there is a non-HM ED as well... which is hard to find... the HM ED is much easier to find... just find a store that has old stock in (usually on clearance)

I saw it al Walmart the other day on the same shelf and same price as defy.
Its gotta be the same stuff. Its just another genius marketing move from out friends at shell.

Well, when Defy first came out, I was convinced it was replacing ED, given that the UPC bar codes were identical. But, they still have ED on the QS site, so I'm not sure. The last time I did see both Defy and ED on the same shelf, I compared bar codes, and they were exactly the same then, too, and the shelf tags indicated Defy. But, I haven't seen ED for quite a while. If you look at the QS website, the ED is now shown in the nifty clear bottles.

We know that Shell's PCMO offerings are getting really thin, so it must be a good thing if they have ED and Defy, and they should expand things. Maybe they can bring out a synthetic blend dexos1 variety, just in case, and a high VI 0w-20 tailored for the Japanese vehicles, and a regular VI 0w-20 for everyone else. They should not stop until they have at least ten varieties each of QS, Pennzoil, and Formula Shell, all with the same specifications and target market.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Clevy

I saw it al Walmart the other day on the same shelf and same price as defy.
Its gotta be the same stuff. Its just another genius marketing move from out friends at shell.

Read carefully. Defy is API SL approved, but I don't know if QSED is also API SL.

Oh oh, if there is a QSED 5w-30 dexos1 blend (and we know there is a Pennzoil 5w-30 dexos1 blend), they had better get one for Formula Shell, too, so they don't get left out.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back