Chevron Supreme Anyone

I used it a few times back when WM had it for $11.77 for 5 qts; was nice with a $4 or $5 rebate. Since then, I've realized that if I am willing to play the rebate game, I can get full synthetic for $12/5 qts so I haven't gone back to this or Maxlife. I'd have no problem using it again if I had some in my garage.

EDIT: Well those days are gone. Just checked and its $17.44 (5w30, 5 quart jug).

Bought about ten 5 quart jugs of it acouple years back of the 5W30 flavor when Walmart had it priced at $7.98 online. Still have one Five quart jug left. No complaints with the quality but what its priced at now --- might as well get the QSHM Full Synthetic for a buck more -- 5 quart jug that is.

I ran it in my Xterra up until fairly recently. The price went up and I found some other conventional cheap so running that now. If I can't find anymore cheap in the next while I will go back to Chevron in a couple oil changes. I have a 400K engine thats always run on conventional so I am not about to switch to syn now.

i had a couple jugs of it that i ran through my transfer case. 3 quarts changed annually. always came out clean. now i just run whatever is the cheapest 0w-20 on the market.

I used it a few times back when WM had it for $11.77 for 5 qts; was nice with a $4 or $5 rebate. Since then, I've realized that if I am willing to play the rebate game, I can get full synthetic for $12/5 qts so I haven't gone back to this or Maxlife. I'd have no problem using it again if I had some in my garage.

EDIT: Well those days are gone. Just checked and its $17.44 (5w30, 5 quart jug).
Yup no longer competitive but have you priced MC SS...yikes

I've used a ton of Chevron Supreme over the years. Costco carried it until they came out with Kirkland synthetic and I regularly put it in everything including some cars that currently have over 250K miles on them that are still getting driven by family members.

For 5k oil changes, I wouldn't hesitate to use it up.

Never got much into blends. I moved my vehicles (the Camry after 270K, the other two in the 100K miles range) over to synthetic and with rebates, I never looked back.

Yup no longer competitive but have you priced MC SS...yikes

Never got much into blends. I moved my vehicles (the Camry after 270K, the other two in the 100K miles range) over to synthetic and with rebates, I never looked back.
I was just a Chevron fan.
I ran it in my Hybrid CMax for 10K without issue and many others to 7.5K.
But I have so.much synthetic I think OPE use now only.

I haven’t used Chevron in quite some time as I just don’t see it anywhere that I shop. Not that I go looking for it either. And if I have run into it, the price is no particular bargain or I’ve just walked by it without noticing it.

When I discovered BITOG ~ 2004, Chevron Supreme was one of the darling motor oils on this site. Mostly because it was cheap at Walmart and even some pharmacies. Then there were rebates to boot along with Havoline oil as well. I remember getting these oils for(no lie) between .09-.17 cents per quart and often for as much as .49-.69 cents per quart making them less expensive that SuperTech(a.k.a Tech2000).

And there were other darling motor oils too including German Castrol and Motorcraft, Phillips 66 & Kendall

Last edited:
I used to get Supreme for $1.07 a quart at Walmart, those were the days. Supreme 10w30 and a Wix filter produced the best oil analysis numbers I ever had on a 2000 Ford F-150 Supercab with the 4.2 V6 and M5OD manual. Slightly over 5K OCI, 4ppm iron and zero ppm lead/aluminum. It's posted here somewhere way back in 2003/2004ish.

@Dave Hess
Some basement Chevron...top front row

1000002366.jpg

Back